The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
what's the point of drinking them when you know u're gonna regret about it and have a super bad hangover afterwards? and further more- you PAID FOR THAT.
i can't drink 'cause the moment i get more than something like 3 pints in me, i throw up (it's more due to the gas coming up from the stomach rather than the alcohol though..)
so i'm always the one who carries people back home and got vomited on
Reply 41
I drank TWO whole pints of water...

Well I almost did! :eek:

I was bloated and drunk (well I couldn't walk properly or sit down) and my stomach was hurting so much I threw up! :frown:

Never am I doing that again! :naughty:
I was 19, in my first year at uni and on a trip to Geneva. Myself and four friends went out the first night and found a portugese bar somewhere in town. Had numerous lagers, 4 JD & cokes, only for the bar to run out of JD so they gave us some local concoction instead. Apparently when it was time to settle our tab, I threw some money on the counter and went outside for fresh air. Next thing I remember, I'm back at the hotel after spending the night at a hospital after passing out. Lecturers then bang on our door saying that we're leaving for our trip to CERN in fifteen minutes....

A hellish day of migraines and sickness followed for me and my friends. To this day (3 years on), I refuse to touch whisky, and touch wood no really bad hangovers since.

To cap it off, I was landed with a £300 fine for the ambulance trip. It was a brilliant night though, the highlight would have to be some random swiss bloke coming in the bar, giving us his business card, and posing for some bizarre photos with us. He also claimed he knew the russian guy that was poisioned/murdered in the UK and that russian agents were after him.
assassinm4
what's the point of drinking them when you know u're gonna regret about it and have a super bad hangover afterwards? and further more- you PAID FOR THAT.
i can't drink 'cause the moment i get more than something like 3 pints in me, i throw up (it's more due to the gas coming up from the stomach rather than the alcohol though..)
so i'm always the one who carries people back home and got vomited on

Tried drinking something less fizzy like ale, some types of cider, spirits....?
I vomitted 7 times in the morning when I had my first ever hangover (I was 13). I think I had 5/6 ciders that night.

My worst one was when I was 15. I mixed malibu and bacardi together with pineapple juice; the more drunk I got the stronger I made the drinks! :p: Can't remember how many I had of those. The following morning I woke up in bed in my own vomit :eek: Was sick a couple of times afterwards and spent the whole day feeling shocking just laying on the sofa trying to get some more sleep.

I've learnt now that the best cure for a hangover is to have something really greasy like a fry-up and get on with my day. :p:
emmalev
rubicon mango and vodka is my fave drink! as long as its fizzy rubicon:p:

Yeah but the shop only had the juice one :frown:
sil3nt_cha0s
I haven't had a hangover, ever :smile:

Me neither:biggrin:
Reply 47
Was drinking from 12pm to 4am on boxing day (I think last year), cycled home still drunk midday, crashed into a river on the way back,threw up a rediculous amount, got home and collapsed into bed, slept till 11pm the next day :s-smilie: and had a deadly headache for the next 24 hours.
Reply 48
Emm. When I drank half a litre and on top of that more drinks. Mixing = not good. I've also woken up in my own sick. That really can't be good, I could have choked!
Reply 49
I was working in B&Q the next day and I threw up in the middle of isle 2in front of loads of customers :frown:

A few concerned people came over going "aw are you ok dear?" and I was like, "it's fine! I'm just pished!" I started mopping it up and my supervisor came and found me, asked if I'd been drinking (I can't lie) and growled, "clean that up and get back on your till".

I spent the rest of my shift running to the loo and getting told of for lying across the counter. But I did meet my boyfriend that day! He was in the canteen when I FINALLY got my break. The first words I said to him were, "I've got sick on my shoe". Awww. :smile:
Reply 50
Shortarse
Tried drinking something less fizzy like ale, some types of cider, spirits....?

that i dont really have a problem with. i just can't take alcohol with CO2 :p:
and my face get so flushed that people thought I just gave my first kiss to megan fox
went to mont matre with some friends (really pretty up there, feels a looot like moulin rouge :wink:) aaaand we got quite a bit of booze with us. aaaand then we sat there. and drank.
eventually, i finished a whole bottle of manzanita, about half a bottle of vodka and some tequila shots (which i cant even remember taking anymore) ...
well, day after i woke up in my bad, fully dressed, with no clue how i came home. then i got up, and first thing i did was running to the bathroom to puke. yeah, and was like that for about the whole day, and didnt feel too great the day after either.
but hey, at least i had friends to carry me home, otherwise ... (i really couldnt walk anymore they told me later^^) but yeah,by now its fun lol
Reply 52
When I was about 16 and I was out at a gig and my 2 'friends' pretended they were drinking vodka out the bottle so I would too. Every time they pretended to take a sip, theyd pass it to me and I really would. They said ''they needed someone to look after so it would give them something to do and not look stupid'' because we didnt know anyone there. I ended up drinking nearly a litre bottle to myself and I was sooo sick, they blamed all the drinking on me, when they actually brought it, I puked in a carrier bag in my friends mums car, I fell out the car and my dad had to carry me in then sit up with me all night to make sure I didnt choke on my own puke.
The next day was hell, I couldnt even drink water without being sick for the entire next day=[.
Theyre not my friends anymore:no:.
It involved far too much beer, wine, a fair few Sambucas and random spirits that I kept being given last Hallowe'en. I got drunk really quickly as I was speaking Spanish to a native who was at the party I was and thought it would be funny to see how far I could go before I couldn't remember what to say. Then I just kept getting plied and ran to the bathroom. Was sick about 3 times, had to be driven back to my boyfriends, threw up there, next morning I felt like absolute ****. Was made to walk home and threw up in the alleys, niceeee. Couldn't consume anything that wasn't water for the next 24 hours. My mum's still under the impression it was an awful migraine.

Needless to say, I've not had a hangover since.
Two on par with each other.

1. First year uni, ball for our hall. I organised a lot of it, celebrated the night being a huge sucess with about 2 bottles of wine. Spent the next day chucking up and trying to keep anything down. Still felt it the day after that too.

2. Few months ago. Got spiked at 5th Ave. Had to spend all night being sick with my very understanding and helpful (tee total) boyfriend in the room. Couldn't move or keep anything down the next day and just cried I felt so awful :p:

Hence now, after 3 years of uni, I barely drink.
A bacardi breezer (coconut) had me feeling sick for days... I've never really had a hangover, though. I don't drink enough really!
Reply 56
Waking up in my own bed, in my own pajamas, realising after about 1 minute, I should be 20 miles from home then stumbling around when I was actually still drunk..:erm:
Then I felt like death for the following 2 days after also being verbally 'beaten' by my parents.
probably the first time i got drunk at about age 16, i also drank a bottle of vodka once and was sick in the night...but after experience im now sensible enough to not drink loads if i have get up in the morning cuz i would never be able to be hungover at work or anything like some people do all the time. its not even worth the hangover, if you drink loads in llike 2 hours then fall asleep, then what is the point?
Never had a hangover, don't know how :s-smilie:
But I'm very glad :biggrin:
Reply 59
A slight twinge at 6:30 in the morning. Generally, I only drink a bit to get into the party mood and the rest follows!

Somehow though, I think worse is to come.

Latest