The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
www.xe.com - up to date exchange rates.
ok, kewl
Reply 22
Think you have most questions covered by now ^^

Exam is in 3 days... Make sure you all revise on production, Start-up of companies, Internation trading, sources of finance etc.

There is a toolkit you can get... maybe a bit late now but look for the user on here JimRiley... maybe he can email it you (costs money however).
Reply 23
peacock08
and maybe there could be a question on the increasing power of large supermarkets and how suppliers have to agree with their terms cos in section C it says about the high profit margin the supermarket required and the little room for neogotiation.

its a private limited comp so there could be a question abt benefits/drawbacks of this?

wat wud u ansa to a question bout the power of supermarkets?
Reply 24
oh and one more question
if the euro interst rate is increasing wat other affects will this have on wei foods ltd apart from the fact that more ppl will want to save in order to recieve intrest rarther than spending their money?
Reply 25
kay123
oh and one more question
if the euro interst rate is increasing wat other affects will this have on wei foods ltd apart from the fact that more ppl will want to save in order to recieve intrest rarther than spending their money?

well someone in my class mentioned that carrefour may pull out and be more interested in saving on their own than investing in ling?

also u can link it to jacks resturant and tourists.
Good Luck Everybody! :smile:
Interest rates will affect many aspects of business, eg. tax (gov't response to BofE) and exchange rates. Exchange rates will have impact on Wei Foods, for example on value of profits.
Motivational theorists are an important area to revise for this paper (I sat it last year on Srewloose). Also, be aware of current economic circumstances
Reply 29
The amount of times ive wrote the words "Level 2 Maslow" on business exams can no longer be counted on hands and feet :tongue:
Reply 30
well tescos and homebase (homebase= on all new shops opening the suppliers have to agree to fill it for free otherwise they wont stock it)have both been accused of bullying their suppliers into low prices and the suppliers generally have to agree cos they got so much power (tesco = every £1 in£8 is spent their) and if they dont agree then the supermarket can just find a different supplier who will. and ling was pushed into agreeing on a high profit margin ...if shed of argued then probably wouldnt of got the contract. also because less and less people are high street shopping this is giving the supermarkets that bit more power.
i suppose there aint much about it in the case study so prob wont even come up.

....kinda scared bout morro!!
good luck all
x x
Reply 31
Gd luck everyone for tomorrow! I am sure we will be Fine. I just have to say that Tutor 2 u is a god send and I am so grateful to them for the excellent notes. I am desperately trying to get an A on this exam. It is a re-sit from last year! I did not do aswell as I hap hoped on Screwloose but oh well. It will be good to hear about what you all think about the exam.
Reply 32
peacock08
well tescos and homebase (homebase= on all new shops opening the suppliers have to agree to fill it for free otherwise they wont stock it)have both been accused of bullying their suppliers into low prices and the suppliers generally have to agree cos they got so much power (tesco = every £1 in£8 is spent their) and if they dont agree then the supermarket can just find a different supplier who will. and ling was pushed into agreeing on a high profit margin ...if shed of argued then probably wouldnt of got the contract. also because less and less people are high street shopping this is giving the supermarkets that bit more power.
i suppose there aint much about it in the case study so prob wont even come up.

....kinda scared bout morro!!
good luck all
x x

hey

i doubt a q like that will come up because it isnt really on the sylabus. we did a practice question like 'is it ethical for supermarkets to demand such low profit margins' and then urd take it from the ethical view and social responsibility etc, that supermarkets have a responsibility for customers to provide the lowest prices etc. but like the power of supermarkets isnt really on our sylabus.. to be honest i could think of soo many more qs that would come up that are more 2 do with our sylabus. but, ya never know! they could surprise us lol.

good luck everyone

juz go kick ass and if worse comes 2 worse u just retake (im gna keep telin myself that lol).

em xxxx
Reply 33
yea to be fair i only really lernt abt supermarket power etc this year (im resittin) so its really unlikely that itl come up!
cnt memba wat layout is for the exam...is it 1 or 2 long essay questions or lots of short (8 &9 marks) questions?
Reply 34
its made up of 6 markers, 8 markers, 10 markers and 15 markers i think! like it could be any mix of them. im not too sure. just remember anything 10 marks or over is evaluation. i think marketing and finance r out of 30 marks each and i dono about the others actually! i havent a clue.

em xxx
This is a link to June 2004, Unit 2 (Screwloose)
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/qp-ms/AQA-BUS2-W-QP-Jun04.pdf
The pattern is 6, 6, 15, 8, 15 (total is 53 as 3 marks for QWC)

Unit 3:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/qp-ms/AQA-BUS3-W-QP-Jun04.pdf

The pattern is 6, 8, 15, 6, 15 (total is 54 as 4 marks for QWC)

The papers are both 1 hour long

Good luck everybody and don't panick!
So, the two papers have the same amount of certain mark questions, but remember that it could be different this year. It just gives an idea of the kind of stuff that we're looking at.
Reply 37
but how? coz i sware unit 3 is worth more than unit 1 and 2? like is it something like unit 1 is worth 30% of AS, unit 2 30% and unit 3 40%?

im not sure actually! i just remember thinking how unfair it is that unit 3 is worth the most and its at the end

em xxx
Reply 38
kk thanks x x
ye you do need the current macro-economic data cos tht in the case study is not all correct, for example euro intrest rates 4.25-3.25-2.25 it has been 2% for last 2 years and will during exam, without this data you need to pray the question isnt on the move into france which is gut feeling it will be cos its left it totaly open for so many questions

one thing i noticed this mornin was the change in ling wei, wen jack needed to close the larger restaurant and wanted to fire his staff by a letter ling said they say it face to face (B4), however with her company ling talks comfortably about sackin over 100 people (F2)

Latest

Trending

Trending