The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Go out for coffee/hot chocolate? Then you can just sit in a big comfy sofa and just casually chat with usually no distractions. Tis a good way to get to know someone in a comfortable setting. :smile:

And I think my best date was when my boyfriend took me to to see Wicked: The Musical. It was a magical night especially since he put a lot of effort into it and listened to things I had been saying in conversation. :smile:
Reply 2
Go and see a movie in the later afternoon! Not one that will end with either of you crying though, cause that's not attractive...

Then go out for drinks at a nice pub after :smile: It will be laid back and small amounts of alcohol will loosen you both up and make it easier to chat.

Have fun :smile:
If you want casual and relaxed, try going for a day out at a free community event. We just had Unity Day in Leeds, met up with the girl I'm seeing at the mo, we had a really good day...

and I got to kiss her :biggrin:
Reply 4
A night in with a **** movie and some pizza
Reply 5
A guy once took me to some really scenic place with great views and had brought with him loads of picnic stuff, and it was lovely.
Queen_Pinky
Go out for coffee/hot chocolate? Then you can just sit in a big comfy sofa and just casually chat with usually no distractions. Tis a good way to get to know someone in a comfortable setting. :smile:

Yeah this is what I have been thinking. Probs do this or go to a pub and have a few drinks there. As to get rid of first 'date' nerves.
Reply 7
One of my previous GFs once got me tickets to a Finch concert in London for a date. It was amazing.
smilee172
A guy once took me to some really scenic place with great views and had brought with him loads of picnic stuff, and it was lovely.

I think thats lush for a guy to do for a girl, but for a girl to that for a guy?
mikeyd85

Hahaha! Good for you.
:biggrin:
_glandular_fever
I think thats lush for a guy to do for a girl, but for a girl to that for a guy?

hmmm i suppose it depends on the guy involved! Who's asking who out for the date?
Emily069
Go and see a movie in the later afternoon! Not one that will end with either of you crying though, cause that's not attractive...

Then go out for drinks at a nice pub after :smile: It will be laid back and small amounts of alcohol will loosen you both up and make it easier to chat.

Have fun :smile:

Yeah I like the idea of having a few drinks at a pub. Ooh and if its sunny could try and find a beer garden with an outside bit. :biggrin:

I dont know if I really like the idea of going to the cinema on a date.. too cliche and you dont really get to talk.
Go to a National Trust house
smilee172
hmmm i suppose it depends on the guy involved! Who's asking who out for the date?

Well neither.. we have been texting and he went away for the weekend and was like we will definitely do something when I get back. So erm him sort of but I will probably suggest things to do.
Reply 14
_glandular_fever
Well neither.. we have been texting and he went away for the weekend and was like we will definitely do something when I get back. So erm him sort of but I will probably suggest things to do.

In that case I would keep it low key, and go with queen pinkys suggestion, meet for coffee, maybe have a walk around a park if its a nice day.

If all goes well I would leave it to him to have learnt enough about your interests to plan the next date. Have fun.
_glandular_fever

ooh so keep it fairly casual, like people have said already, go for either a coffee during the day, or a drink in the evening. That's always good as you let your inhibitions go :wink:
Reply 16
mikeyd85
If you want casual and relaxed, try going for a day out at a free community event. We just had Unity Day in Leeds, met up with the girl I'm seeing at the mo, we had a really good day...

Oh man, it was PISSING it down though :P
Reply 17
Never been on a "date" as such. But the best day I've spent with my boyfriend was a trip to london zoo, followed by a few drinks at a pub in camden. It was one of the best days evarr
Go out for Coffee and see how it goes is normally the usual....

The best date I've been on was when my then BF took me to the Park in Perth for the day. It was scorching hot and we just lay on the grass and talked for hours.

It's kind of a painful memory now because we had a stormy relationship and the breakup was incredibly messy...
Rent a hotel? Seriously, best date ever. We just cuddled and watched TV (Jeremy Kyle, then the news).

Then the next day we went to York's giant maze. It was extremely muddy, but great fun. Mind you, this might be a bit too much for a first date. :P

Can't go wrong with bowling, or those arcade places.

Latest