The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
another question, do people end up sharing a room when in private accomodation (after 1st year)...and would you mind?
like in house sharing or flat sharing
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I'm moving to Albany Street in a week or two. It's a walk to college, but a bus ride away from Sainsburys' and the athletics track. Plus tube is more expensive since the nearest stations are zone 1. You can't have it all ways..
Reply 22
flying twig
I know some people living in London (but not a uni) who have a sofa bed in the living room and one of them sleeps on it; they're kind of trampy though lol

haha...that won't do
i mean like two beds in a room kinda thing
Reply 23
Don't know anyone this year who is sharing a room, but one of my friends is currently on a double sofa bed.. dunno if she'll "upgrade" thought.

I put 10-20 mins as it takes me 15 minutes to walk door to door, but only about 8 minutes if i cycle.
I doubt many people will want to share a room when they're in private accommodation, unless they both have really low budgets, like £60 rent a week. Having no living room (because if you can, you will want to use it as another bedroom to get the rent down) pushes the personal space to the limit already.

But about the area... Camden is great for getting to UCL if you can get a place near Camden Road, which has a 24hr bus service to UCL. It comes every 6 mins and took me 7 mins to get from around Camden tube station to the main campus.

Our group are paying 380pw for a 3 bedroom place near camden loch, after I'd spent a week looking at 20 places in total in the central Camden area (we're picky...). So if you want to know more about rent prices there, it seems between 120-140 per person per week for a decent place that has all the essentials, and 100-120 if it doesn't have to be newly decorated with wooden flooring and all that. With 4 people, the rent will be lower per person but you will compromise the size of the rooms (shoebox sizes are likely...)

An incredible, proper house (garden, all rooms a decent size, safe location, living room....) will cost between 140-160pw per person. Even getting a living room is hard, since as said most people use it as another bedroom. Our group did get an offer accepted on this kind of beautiful place but decided the money was too much damage for our mental health. I still dream about it though.... :o:
Reply 25
flying twig
Can I have that flat when you've done at the end of next year? :biggrin:

Haha. Maybe, maybe. Although, my two flatmates will probably keep it on for next year. I'll be on a year abroad.

Latest

Trending

Trending