The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Zorg
Yeah, it is. It's also the sheet of paper that decides the next year if not the next decade of your life. To an extent it decides where you'll be in 30 years time.
So no, not at all important.

i decide were i will spend the next year if not the next decade of my life and i decide were il be in 30 years time, nothing else.

these results will simply push me towards one direction but if these results were not as expected then il go down another route.

im pretty chlled out about them anyway, and to answer what was your original question - yes i will be going to sleep.

eulerwaswrong
they are kinda like the next 4 years of you life if not longer

see above, they aren't, they are simply exam results....

now stop worrying people....que sera sera...:wink:
Reply 21
roryq
i decide were i will spend the next year if not the next decade of my life and i decide were il be in 30 years time, nothing else.

these results will simply push me towards one direction but if these results were not as expected then il go down another route.

im pretty chlled out about them anyway, and to answer what was your original question - yes i will be going to sleep.

God damn I wish I could have your attitude (no seriously I do it would save me soooo much worrying)

But I'm afraid they do decide, regardless of how much you say you decide, Imperial won't take you without the grades, neither will alot of other Universities.
Reply 22
My school hands them out at the school at 10am-ish.
Getting them at college about 11am. Hopefully track will have updated by then, so I know whether I have my firm choice or not.

All of those saying they are getting Edexcel results online at 6am, does your school/college have to be registered? etc.

Oh and I know it's 16 days but I hope everyone gets what they need/wanted. :smile:
roryq

what do you mean you decide? you only get the option to decide if you get the grades - if you dont get the right results you cant go where you want to go.
Reply 25
The Morrigu
i might try that, not too sure if it would work though.

can we long onto UCAS at 00:01 and see there? as in, whether or not we got into our unis if we have a conditional, but not our exact grades![/
QUOTE]

It's more like 5 A.M - Because so many people try to log on at the same time, it doesn't update until early morning.
Reply 26
The Morrigu
i might try that, not too sure if it would work though.

can we long onto UCAS at 00:01 and see there? as in, whether or not we got into our unis if we have a conditional, but not our exact grades!

It's more like 5 A.M - Because so many people try to log on at the same time, it doesn't update until early morning.
callum Honisett

All of those saying they are getting Edexcel results online at 6am, does your school/college have to be registered? etc.

Yes.
Reply 28
eulerwaswrong
wow - i spose it gives you a long time to plan.

Thats really quick - so all papers marked within 2/3 weeks of the last exam - thats amazing. Does anyone know why a level esults have taken so long this year

Well all the summer exams were finished by 24th May, and there arent any different exam bodies like a-level.... so everyone who does this exam course does the same exams on set days...

So our exams took over a month (approx 5-6 weeks) to mark... but anoying thing is my english exam could have been marked in east asia... cos its all international, the texts get sent all over.

I mean the time is nice for planning... but because unis will always say: wait till A-level results, You cant really do much... UCAS will treat me the same as an A-level... which is jus incredibly frustrating:mad:
Reply 29
Nothing was showing on UCAS till about 6.45am last year. I wanted to go through UCAS cos simply wanted to see if Id got in; I was offered points, not grades, so it could have been a few combinations of grades. Its seeing that word ... CONGRATULATIONS which simply said it all! What is frustrating is the thought that the Uni's get your results 2-3 days earlier than you do, so they can sort everything out!

Latest

Trending

Trending