The Student Room Group

18th Birthday Ideas ......

Well Im almost all grown up, its my 18th on Saturday th 5th of September (Legal drinking age for those not in the uk if you guys didnt know)

So far the plan is to go to wetherspoons in th morning for my first legal pint :wink: and some breakfast with th family, then off to get my hair done followed by drinks with some friends at mine while we get ready....

hitting a small club strip called whitley bay that i adore and will no longer have to worry about getting id'd in! and then onto newcastle city centre!

Im also having a bbq/house party on the sunday with most of my family and friends (expecting at least 60 guests)

i already know im going to have a blast but just wanted some ideas on how to make it extra special!

for instance i was planning on handing out "goodie bags" to some of my friends for going clubbing with a miniature bottle of smirnoff, but thats where i ran out of ideas for th goodie bags! maybe some cool dirnking games we could play in th club or just some dares we could do to make the night unlike th bi-monthly staff night out!

Also ideas for my house party would be great too!

Laurah x
For the goody bags - my friends recent birthday had them and put surgical masks in them instead of hats with 'Jons 18th birthday'....because there was so much uproar about swine flu :tongue: It was really funny :biggrin:
Then he had mini bottles of champagne and the normal stuff - party poppers, masks, glowsticks etc

Just some ideas haha
Lol wtf? Your OP is basically: Look at me I have so many friends and I'm so cool. :rolleyes:
Reply 3
Thanks for that itszednotzee that would have been hilarious everyone trooping around in surgical masks! Iv Decided on getting personalised goodie bags made saying "Laura's 18th // 05.09.2009" on with badges saying the same with 12 of my friends names on, and inside; a vodka shot each, a can of bacardi and coke (im going to put labels on saying "between bars beverage") bubbles, glow sticks, & a whistle each. Just found out today my birthday "surprise" from my friends is a pink hummer to pick me up and take me to town, soooo excited now thanks for the ideas :biggrin:

And Bubbles*de*Milo, I dont know what you mean, if you were refering to me saying im expecting at least 60 guests at my house party, its my 18th birthday, all of my family is going to be there and my close friends who arent old enough to go out or havent the money to, Im not like "OMFG I HAVE SO MANNY FRIENDS!" i just want to make sure its a memorable time for all, you only turn 18 once; I came here for help not to be made fun of, i think the saying is if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all?
Good ideas! You will have a blast :tongue: The champagne bottles were like in-between drinks too but we had one of our old school buses take us to the club and so were rocking out to songs while drinking them!!
Also, OMG about the hummer :shock: that is awesome!!
Have fun!
Reply 5
in the goody bags: mini's of whatever drink, glowsticks, maybe the bracelet glowsticks as well? erm maybe a random condom (for laughs, and so nobody gets pregnant) maybe a drinking game involving the condoms later on in the evening? (my mind wanders.....)
Chocolate penis's

Latest