The Student Room Group

How to remove dark areas in the corners of lips/mouth?

How can you get rid of dark brown areas around the corners of the mouth as shown in this pic:
http://i27.tinypic.com/2dt7jq0.jpg
(Blue parts show where the dark brown areas around my mouth are)

I want to remove these dark patches around the mouth completely so has anyone has similar problems? Any products/methods to get rid of that? And how long did it take for the dark brown areas to completely become normal coloured skin.

Looking for something cheap-ish products/methods. Nothing like surgery or anything :s-smilie: lol

I can't really remember when I got these dark patches around my mouth :frown: lol

Thank you :smile:

Edit:// I've tried makeup but it's only temporary and even then, it's noticeable :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are they really bad marks? I mean you could go for the jacko (surgery). But i think the only other way is something like concealer.

Or youu could fake tan your whole face so nobody could tell the difference (which would probably look worse)

Im pretty sure you cant lighten your skin without surgery (or make up).
Reply 2
MikeL230
Are they really bad marks? I mean you could go for the jacko (surgery). But i think the only other way is something like concealer.

Or youu could fake tan your whole face so nobody could tell the difference (which would probably look worse)

Im pretty sure you cant lighten your skin without surgery (or make up).

Yeah the marks make my mouth look really wide :frown: lol

nah I was really hoping for a product or a method of removing the marks :frown:.

Concealer, etc. did not work well in covering it up and it's not permanent.

Lol nah I don't like tan and dats a lot of effort :P hhehe

Thanks anyway.
xx
Reply 3
Youre best going to the doctors, they might be able to supply a cream for it (some kind of weak bleach)
Reply 4
Thanks anyway x

Anyone got any ideas?? Thanks
It's probably just how the skin's supposed to be. I don't think there's any magical cure for uneven skin tone, short of concealing with makeup....
I'm told that the dark areas of the mouth are caused by hyperpigmentation from saliva ( most likely while you're sleeping ) In other words your skin reacts to the prolonged exposure to the saliva and over pigments this area... If you are prone to hyperpigmentation ( like me ) this is only the beginning of your problems... I used to have hyperpigmentation on my knees and elbows too before using Kojic Acid soap and Neutrogena "Visibly Even" face cream . It keeps the hyperpigmentation areas from over reacting on your skin.
Try to stay away from fade creams with Hydroquinone in them though . There are many other alternatives now that are proven to be much heathier .

Hope this helps !
Victoria Santa Monica, CA
Reply 7
lol i like how you've demonstrated your point with the photograph.

try lemon juice.
Reply 8
lol thanks for the posts so far. Still not found something that works :frown: Anybody know of any creams or something that will lighten this to normal skin tone. I think the dark areas are from marks left by multiple spots occuring in that area. :frown:
It makes my mouth look very wide lol.

Please help. Thanks so far

By the way, yeah I know this thread is old but still not found an answer.

Thanks
Reply 9
bump... anyone?
(Yes, I know this thread is very old)
Thanks
Go see a dermatologist.
Reply 11
Ive researched this too because I have the same problem! I recently saw a post about a girl who tired "bag balm" and it worked. It comes in a green tin can. I recently ordered it from Amazon and I;m just waiting on it! Hope this works!:smile:
Can you please give an update re: if you was able to get rid of the darkness on the outside corners of your mouth and if so what product(s) did you use? I am dealing with the same problem and nothing I've used thus far has helped (Triluma, bleaching creams, Retin-A 0.1%, eating a lot of apples, taking vitamin B-12, etc).
is lemon juice helpful though lool this is not for me , it's just a general question :smile:
I have had it for over 3years bit just getting worse
Original post by Princestia
How can you get rid of dark brown areas around the corners of the mouth as shown in this pic:
http://i27.tinypic.com/2dt7jq0.jpg
(Blue parts show where the dark brown areas around my mouth are)

I want to remove these dark patches around the mouth completely so has anyone has similar problems? Any products/methods to get rid of that? And how long did it take for the dark brown areas to completely become normal coloured skin.

Looking for something cheap-ish products/methods. Nothing like surgery or anything :s-smilie: lol

I can't really remember when I got these dark patches around my mouth :frown: lol

Thank you :smile:

Edit:// I've tried makeup but it's only temporary and even then, it's noticeable :frown:

You get these patches because you probably thread the upper lip ?
And you must use something before you remove the upper lip hair . The skin is very sensitive in this are
You can try rose water and tea tree spray that's very good !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Use the under eye 'brightening' roll ons. Keep applying it throughout the day for a couple of weeks and you will start to see the difference. I, too had this problem but it was worse. Now it isn't as noticeable. You can get the for around £5 at boots/superdrug :smile:
I wonder if OP sorted it.
I have the same problem. My dermatologist prescribed Fluticasone Propionate Cream, 0.05%. I have been using it twice a day for the past month and have seen some pleasant results. In the U.S., it cost about $63.

Quick Reply

Latest