The Student Room Group

URGENT PROBLEM...GETTING RID OF COCkROACHES....SERIOUSLY urgent!!

Heya THIS IS URGENT FOR ME....

Well since a few months weve had cockroaches at my flat in London....Ive got this spray to try and rid of them but its not working i mean it kilss a few but tomorrow there double the amount......There coming fom the kitchen and come at night i think as we can see tm in the kitchen at night......From the kitchen they come into the rooms and living room etc......In the kicthen there in the cupboard on the roof of the kitchen on the ground etc....

Please help me out as its coming to a point where its affecting our daily lifestyle.......They come on the plates as well thus making life twice as hard as we have to clean the plates again...

Please help...

Scroll to see replies

call pest control
lol, whatever you don't step on roaches they just multiply and mutate, and fly and do all sorts of things..... To be honest, roaches in our house.... we could kill em but they came as they wish, i haven't seen a roach in my house for AGES............ But I know they'll be back, same deal with mice - there's a certain time for it.

I blame the filthy neighbors.

Answer: if you want to get rid of roaches get your cash out and call a terminator....... only way I've seen it done.
Terminator is you're only solution.

I thought of Men in Black when I read the thread title.
Reply 4
a solid goodyear welted brogue is all thats needed.
Reply 5
Ask Jeeves.
Reply 6
Do what borat did, throw money at them :rofl:
Reply 7
Yellow pages.
Reply 8
MikeL230
Do what borat did, throw money at them :rofl:

HA !!!!!!!!
But you know the real reason he was throwing money at them right?
tune

Well since a few months weve had cockroaches at my flat in London....Ive got this spray to try and rid of them but its not working i mean it kilss a few but tomorrow there double the amount......There coming fom the kitchen and come at night i think as we can see tm in the kitchen at night......From the kitchen they come into the rooms and living room etc......In the kicthen there in the cupboard on the roof of the kitchen on the ground etc....

Please help me out as its coming to a point where its affecting our daily lifestyle.......They come on the plates as well thus making life twice as hard as we have to clean the plates again...

Please help...

Oh dear, you really shouldn't have left it months before dealing with roaches. After this long they'll no doubt be just about everywhere - call pest control ASAP i.e. 9am tomorrow.
Call an exterminator, if you're renting its the landlords duty to provide one.

As for killing the roaches, DO NOT STEP ON THEM, you could cause them to drop eggs and you will have a bigger problem.

If you have fans turn them on, keep the place as cold as possible and vacuum everywhere. Buy some HOTSHOT or RAID, not sure if they sell it in the UK but it's amazing stuff, spray it everywhere and watch those S.O.B's die.
Reply 11
Cupcakee
HA !!!!!!!!
But you know the real reason he was throwing money at them right?

I certainly do :yes:

He thought they were something....

Which rhymes with shoes, and begins with a J :p:
Reply 12
tune

Please help...

http://www.rentokil.co.uk/
Reply 13
MikeL230
I certainly do :yes:

He thought they were something....

Which rhymes with shoes, and begins with a J :p:

Oh yes :wink:
Cleverly disguised, no one will ever know! :woo:
Keep your dick clean.
when you see them, politely tell them you would rather they found somewhere else to live, if you are decent about it they should respect your wishes and find a new home. Manners are the key to any situation.
Reply 16
assume you don't own your flat, call the council
if you do own call pest control
Reply 17
tune

Please help...

hmmm is their nothing that poisons them etc

i really don't know, usually when i have pest problems its only ants in the back garden and that a simple, pour turps everywhere and throw a match :biggrin:
I had roaches in my room when I lived in nepal for a couple of months, I just nuked the place hardcore with spray and they all died. You have to do it EVERYWHERE though, the whole floor area and drains and door frames and use a really strong spray. That should definitely do it.
tune

Please help...

Ewww, that's gross! Call Rentokil! They'll sort it out for you, not sure if they're cheap or not

Latest