The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

20 Minutes to move in :eek:

:eek3: - me on moving in day! lol

do you really only get 20minutes to move all ur stuff into your room and decide wht dont fit and get it taken home by ur parents :confused:

PLUS im taking soo much stuff :| computer+clothes+kitchen stuff+bathroom stuff+shoes+junk

like seriously :| and i live soo far from uni if stuff dont fit it will be in boxs untill i decide to take a trip home with a huge suitcase and take it bk lol :| im actually thinkin bout splittin alot of my stuff up like so when i come home for xmas i can tke stuff up then (toothpaste/bog roll/medicine(i get ill ALOT)/womens things etc. instead of taking it all at once.

Help :smile:_ x
Reply 1
When did u hear about only having 20 mins to move in, that seems a bit ridiculous to me and im sure loads of people will be taking as much stuff as you will be taking. Me personally im trying to sick to basic belongings such as cloths, my pc, ALCOHOL and obviously the essentials. I'm not taking much kitchen stuff as i cant cook :s i'll probably be eating plenty of pot noodles and beans on toast :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
wattttttt? 20 mins cant be right :frown:

Laptop, clothes, toothbrush, loadsa alcohol for me :smile:
Reply 3
LOOOOL i can see how ppl r thinkin tht alcohol is a essential lol.
erm erm i read it on the moving in stuff for last yrs students!!
Reply 4
This is to make it fair for everyone, if you think how many people will be moving in on that day.
Reply 5
No you have 20 minutes in the parking spaces near the halls to move your stuff in from a car. It wont really take to much longer then that to get all your stuff and dump it in your room then sort it out
Ill be buying the alcohol after i have unpacked, im not gonna let the rents leave without a free blowout at asda....
Reply 7
haha sounds like a good plan, but finding the asda could be quite a mission!
there is an asda about a mile away from cambridge halls!! huuuge one.
Reply 9
ahhh yeah i knw its for like the space. but wht im saying is. for any extra stuff tht will need to be taken home!!! obv this is gonna be like more than 20mins later lol.

i think ill jus have to cut down on the stuff i take up!! x
Reply 10
Dubstepper
ahhh yeah i knw its for like the space. but wht im saying is. for any extra stuff tht will need to be taken home!!! obv this is gonna be like more than 20mins later lol.

i think ill jus have to cut down on the stuff i take up!! x

Oh rite, well maybe theres a car park near by where they will be able to park the car. Haha that cut back will be hard :tongue:
Reply 11
paul1989
Oh rite, well maybe theres a car park near by where they will be able to park the car. Haha that cut back will be hard :tongue:

LOL
it might make a bit of a difference lol. not havin the extra few items lol
Reply 12
You have much more than twenty minutes.
Just find somewhere close-by to park.
My advice would be to get a van. You can rent them for around £30. That's what i did, and I had so much stuff. Making trips to collect stuff is a ballache, too. And you'll be surprised how fast the time goes, by Christmas you probably won't need the stuff you planned to take a trip to get.
Reply 13
20 minutes is fine. If your parents plan on sticking around you can park in the aquatics centre car park.
Reply 14
what they gonna do after 20 mins ,lock you in to your rooms and start your prison time ? lol shuldnt be a really problem
I'll be taking up a lot of crap myself, when i've gone to manchester for gigs and stuff i've found so many car parks near the university campuses, im sure you could pull up in any of them and make the extra 5 minute walk :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending