The Student Room Group

Nursing 2010 applicants

Scroll to see replies

just wondering what its like, i got my first interview in a few weeks and kinda worried about it x
ZakBrannigan
Hi nursing4eva I dont attend my selection day until this thursday so i dont know how hard it will be.I will let you know once i been.The other interview that i had last weekend went well but i dont know whether i will be offered a place for a while yet.
I applied through UCAS On 2nd October 2009.I applied for all diploma courses except for the one at the wales university where i have applied for the degree and i applied for mental health nursing.
I still have one more interview coming up in december (see my sig)I still havnt heared from staffordshire or the wales one as yet
:yep:

I got a Kings Selection Day on the 2nd :woo: was yours really hard? or has anyone else had one who know about Kings' interviews?
Thanks x
nursing4eva
I got a Kings Selection Day on the 2nd :woo: was yours really hard? or has anyone else had one who know about Kings' interviews?
Thanks x

congrats on being shortlisted nursing4eva.My kings selection day on Thursday of this week went well i think. We had a group discussion then after that we had our individual interviews.I wouldnt say it was hard you just need to prepare yourself and do ur research well enough and u should be fine.I just have to wait and see if i get a place now.Also you know that you also have to do some tests as well just English and Maths that are timed.:yes:
ive got my interview for Northumbria this coming Wednesday!
then two weeks today (28th Nov) I have my Sheffield Hallam selection day!
Ive heard from Cumbria too, but my interview there isnt until the 6th Jan....so quite a long wait!
Reply 64
Hi,

got a letter through the other day and have got my kingston interview on friday :s-smilie: What have you guys worn? I have a tattoo and my wrist and I really dont want this to affect my place but do you think its even worse if I hide it?

Kingston have given my this huge pack to read through and I have to sign aload of stuff, I also have to fill in this disclosure form :s-smilie: Im not even a student there lol.

Anyone elseo got any new offers?
Reply 65
Hi,

im applying to

sheffield hallam - degree
manchester - degree
leeds - degree
wolverhampton - degree
birmingham - degree

sending my ucas off soon, so fingers crossed.
is anyone else choosing sheffield hallam as thier first choice ??

x
Cat135
Hi,

im applying to

manchester - degree
leeds - degree
wolverhampton - degree
birmingham - degree

x

hey :smile:
I have my Hallam Interview Saturday after next (28th) and im seriously considering it as my first choice! when did you send your UCAS off??

xxx
Reply 67
I have.
Nottingham 14th Dec I think.
Coventry 12th January. :smile:
Reply 68
Iv got my interview on the 12th of Jan too. So far though, it sounds like its an Open Day! lol
Reply 69
Hello :smile:

I've applied to york, UEA, Nottingham. Worcester and sheffield hallam to do childrens nursing.

I recieved a letter from york ( which is my favourite) today saying i won't find out till february/march whether i got an interview or not, and interviews aren't till april. im on my gap year and im going to work in a pediatric ward in march in Romania for 2 months so wont be around for interviews so annoying! i emailed her and asked if i could have another date if i was succesful but she said they dont do any other ones! is anyone else in the same position?
Reply 70
Hi

Ive applied for adult nursing degree september intake at:

Kings College London - Selection day 2nd december
Manchester - Conditional offer
Nottingham- Interview 8th December
Liverpool - Interview 9th December
Lincoln (Home town) - Havn't heard anything

Anyone got any interviews on the same day as me?

xxxxx
Reply 71
binj112
Iv got my interview on the 12th of Jan too. So far though, it sounds like its an Open Day! lol

I know yeah, I was so confused.
But there is a girl on another thread who had her i'nteview' thing last week and its quite informal.

They want you to ask questions, Tell you eveything you need to know, Accomodation tours ect. But she also said, they decide whether you have a place based on your Ucas application, and that this 'inteview' is for your benefit only. Your Ucas is placed infront of a panel of people, and its based on how well your PS is ect.

Hope this clears some things up, I hope I'm right lol :smile:

Are you travelling from afar?
Have you applied for January or September 2010 intake?
Reply 72
rachelb8906
hey :smile:
I have my Hallam Interview Saturday after next (28th) and im seriously considering it as my first choice! when did you send your UCAS off??

xxx

I can't send mine off yet, my tutor hasn't done my statement ! I really want to go there as well. Let me know how your interview goes :smile:. what A levels do you do ? xxx
Cat135
I can't send mine off yet, my tutor hasn't done my statement ! I really want to go there as well. Let me know how your interview goes :smile:. what A levels do you do ? xxx

Ive already done my A Levels, im 20 :smile:
I did Psychology and English Language and Literature, got C's in both.

When it comes to sending UCAS apps off, college tutors are useless! A swift kick up the bum should get her to send it off!

I'll let you know how it goes :smile: im dreading the presentation thin though :s-smilie:
Reply 74
rachelb8906
Ive already done my A Levels, im 20 :smile:
I did Psychology and English Language and Literature, got C's in both.

When it comes to sending UCAS apps off, college tutors are useless! A swift kick up the bum should get her to send it off!

I'll let you know how it goes :smile: im dreading the presentation thin though :s-smilie:

oh no way i do pshych an lit as well. an good idea i'll get on that ! i'v heard sheffield hallam interveiws and presentations are quite relaxed, fingers crossed ! xx
Cat135
oh no way i do pshych an lit as well. an good idea i'll get on that ! i'v heard sheffield hallam interveiws and presentations are quite relaxed, fingers crossed ! xx

lol what are the chances of us doing the same subjects!!
i hope its relaxed...im bricking it now and its still a week away yet! i dont know personally know anyone who has applied there, so i really dont know what to expect...the letter they send you about it is a little vague!

xxx
Reply 76
rachelb8906
lol what are the chances of us doing the same subjects!!
i hope its relaxed...im bricking it now and its still a week away yet! i dont know personally know anyone who has applied there, so i really dont know what to expect...the letter they send you about it is a little vague!

xxx

no i don't know anyone either, except on here. An i wouldn't worry too much about it, there's some good stuff people have posted on here about the interveiws and presentations :smile:

xx
nicole.17
I know yeah, I was so confused.
But there is a girl on another thread who had her i'nteview' thing last week and its quite informal.

They want you to ask questions, Tell you eveything you need to know, Accomodation tours ect. But she also said, they decide whether you have a place based on your Ucas application, and that this 'inteview' is for your benefit only. Your Ucas is placed infront of a panel of people, and its based on how well your PS is ect.

Hope this clears some things up, I hope I'm right lol :smile:

Are you travelling from afar?
Have you applied for January or September 2010 intake?

thanks for the help, i've got mine on decmeber 8th at coventry.
yeah the email didn't really help, just said about accomodation tours.
Ohh dear, the interview doesn't sound to nice does it? least its only on my personal statement though
i've from west midlands, near wolverhampton. applying for sept 10. what about you?
kwarden
it wasn't an interview as such.
all they did was gave u a presentation on what the course is like and stuff like that... and then u got split up into two groups and u just had a group decussion where they just asked u if you have any experience and what made you want to become a nurse.

The women that was talking to us was saying that they now have panels of people that decided whether you do the course all on your ucas stuff. The people that did the selection day dont have any imput on the panel unless they have serious concerns about you.

It was really relaxed and easy day to be honest and we were only the for an hour and a half.

Is this for coventry uni?
is there an individual interview or just a group discussion? xx
Cat135
Hi,

im applying to

manchester - degree
leeds - degree
wolverhampton - degree
birmingham - degree

x

hey, im applying to wolverhampton and birmingham too, have you heard anythng yet. and are you applying for jan or sept 10 intake?

Quick Reply

Latest