The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

danzoradpants
Hopefully going on this open day too (:
how long did it take for the pack to arrive after you booked it? (I'm still waiting for friends to let me know if they can make it so... ): )

but yeah
free tea and coffee?! I'm there!

About a week here. And within the UK probably sooner.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 21
I'm going to this Open Day tomorrow. Planning to see the Maths and Physics departments/talks, as well as some of the accommodation that's open for viewing. Oh, and not to forget using my tea and coffee vouchers! Unfortunately the weather forecast doesn't look too pleasant, so if you're going, take an umbrella/raincoat!

I'll report back with my views on Lancaster University once I'm back. To all those attending the Open Day, I hope you enjoy it! :smile:
It was amazing (except for the weather of course), looking forward to going to Lancs.
I'll be there as a helper on the George Fox Info Desk for the next Visit Day in September :smile:
Reply 24
My thoughts on Lancaster...

After going to Lancaster's open day on Wednesday, I am very impressed with the University. The day was well-organised with some interesting talks on offer. The first thing I did when I arrived was look at the accommodation they had on offer (I prefer getting this done early as it gets really busy later in the day). Rooms in both Pendle and Fylde colleges were available to view, with the ones in Fylde being 'Superior En-Suite'. I have to say, the accommodation at Lancaster is some of the best I've seen out of all the open days I've been to.

It's also worth mentioning that Lancaster has a number of town houses on campus, suited to those who prefer a more independent style of living. It's basically a large house, with room for about 10-12 students. Everybody has their own room, with a bathroom being shared between 2 people. On the ground floor is the large kitchen and living area. It's an alternative to the standard student accommodation, but not recommended to first years, unless of course they would prefer to live independently.

The UCAS talk was informative, and gave me a few ideas about what to include and what not to include in my personal statement. I thought the students' only talk in the afternoon was a brilliant idea. It was presented by two members of LUSU (Lancaster University Students' Union), one of them being the President.
Did anybody else here go to the Students' Talk?

There are several bars, cafes and restaurants on campus, including a Greggs (and according to the President of LUSU, there is soon to be a Subway). By the time I was ready for lunch, The Venue had sold out of soup, so I bought some from S'Up (Soup Up), which is inside the Students' Union Shop. I had never heard of the soup they had on offer, but it was tasty nonetheless.

Lancaster City Centre is a short bus journey away, and there is a cycle path connecting it to the University.

Overall, it was an enjoyable day, and I will be considering Lancaster when submitting by application this autumn. It's going to be difficult narrowing my choices down to just 5 universities!

Latest

Trending

Trending