The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
@ Joy Division

It was awesome. I wasn't expecting it either, I admit that I actually cried when I saw it.
(It was for vet medicine, was really hoping that I'd got in).
Good luck for the 20th! :yep:
Reply 21
I'm considering leaving school. How will I do ucas and track and stuff? I have no idea what it is...
xo-Heva
I'm considering leaving school. How will I do ucas and track and stuff? I have no idea what it is...

Will you be going to any other educational institution, such as college? You've probably said, sorry, but I skipped a whole bunch of pages from this thread.

I would probably contact your school for any help you'd like - you'll need to get a reference from them in any case. To be honest, it's not that complicated and you could probably get away with just posting here for the few non-obvious things (help with personal statement and so on) but it would be worth having something to fall back on.
Reply 23
TheUnbeliever
Will you be going to any other educational institution, such as college? You've probably said, sorry, but I skipped a whole bunch of pages from this thread.

I would probably contact your school for any help you'd like - you'll need to get a reference from them in any case. To be honest, it's not that complicated and you could probably get away with just posting here for the few non-obvious things (help with personal statement and so on) but it would be worth having something to fall back on.

Yeh, trying to get a place in college (last minute sorta thing :o: hehe). So I'll need to leave school on good terms then? If I asked, would my guidance teaher help me with ucas despite leaving?
xo-Heva
Yeh, trying to get a place in college (last minute sorta thing :o: hehe). So I'll need to leave school on good terms then?

If you're in college, you may find that they will help you through UCAS. I have to admit I know vanishingly little about college, but I'd probably be more surprised that they didn't than if they did. LuhLah probably knows?

College may also be willing to give you a reference, but it would be worthwhile not burning any bridges with any teachers (and it's the individual's responsibility) who you would like to write your reference!

If I asked, would my guidance teaher help me with ucas despite leaving?

Magic 8 ball says 'reply hazy, try again'. :o: Best of luck.
Reply 25
TheUnbeliever
If you're in college, you may find that they will help you through UCAS. I have to admit I know vanishingly little about college, but I'd probably be more surprised that they didn't than if they did. LuhLah probably knows?

College may also be willing to give you a reference, but it would be worthwhile not burning any bridges with any teachers (and it's the individual's responsibility) who you would like to write your reference!

Magic 8 ball says 'reply hazy, try again'. :o: Best of luck.

lol, thanks a lot :smile:
Reply 26
LDVet
Closer, I would love to post a screenshot but for some reason my computer is being faulty and not letting me onto Track. It just has your different uni/course choices down the side and when it was updated, as well as your status (Conditional/Withdrawn/Unconditional etc).
Winniepig, I was expecting an email like that as well but I didn't get one either (yet my status changed).
Thank you 02sd2607! It's a mighty relief, I was terrified of results day but now I'm over the moon. :biggrin:

Well you've obv worked v.hard for it so you deserve it, it really isn't as easy as the media constantly make out :smile:
Im so jelous, I have 14 days to wait :frown:
x
Reply 27
Yeah they say that exams are getting easier, but even if that's true it still doesn't mean that it's easy to get the results you want! Ah well.
Thanks again, and good luck!
Tbh I would be going nuts if I still had 2 weeks to wait, the wait until 5th August almost killed me hehe.
Reply 28
LDVet
Yeah they say that exams are getting easier, but even if that's true it still doesn't mean that it's easy to get the results you want! Ah well.
Thanks again, and good luck!
Tbh I would be going nuts if I still had 2 weeks to wait, the wait until 5th August almost killed me hehe.

I honestly was more stressed for AS and GCSE surprisingly!
And Im preparing myself for the media to make out results look like theyre not worth the paper that theyre written on! buggers!
Reply 29
Yeah, it makes you feel as if all of your effort was worthless. Even if you get top results, the media are making it feel like less of a victory than it should. Pfft, I try not to listen to them anyway haha.
I make a point of trying to find really old exam papers, and trying them.

And I can say for maths and the sciences at least, they haven't gotten easier

Latest

Trending

Trending