The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The levels that are next to the subject are only an indication of the difficulty of the award.
It works on a scale of level 1 to level 12 with level 1 being the easiest award to gain and level 12 being the most difficult ( I think its a doctorates ).

The credit points are only an indication to how much work would have had to be put in to achieve the award.
1 credit point is the equivalent of 10 hours work.

For example I achieved an 'A' at higher computing and one of the components of the course was level - 6 and credit - 6.
The level 6 basically means higher level and the credit 6 means it would have taken approx 60 hours to complete.

They have no corrolation to UCAS points.
If you want to know how much UCAS points you have achieved you can go to this site

http://www.merlinhelpsstudents.com/studentlife/beforeuniversity/ucas/ucaspointscalculator.asp

and then enter the levels you sat and your results obtained.
Reply 2
911 bob
The levels that are next to the subject are only an indication of the difficulty of the award.
It works on a scale of level 1 to level 12 with level 1 being the easiest award to gain and level 12 being the most difficult ( I think its a doctorates ).

The credit points are only an indication to how much work would have had to be put in to achieve the award.
1 credit point is the equivalent of 10 hours work.

For example I achieved an 'A' at higher computing and one of the components of the course was level - 6 and credit - 6.
The level 6 basically means higher level and the credit 6 means it would have taken approx 60 hours to complete.

They have no corrolation to UCAS points.
If you want to know how much UCAS points you have achieved you can go to this site

http://www.merlinhelpsstudents.com/studentlife/beforeuniversity/ucas/ucaspointscalculator.asp

and then enter the levels you sat and your results obtained.

thanks! i can stop worrying about my results now and be happy!P

well done on the higher computing btw! i got a one for standard grade, but i'd never consider it for higher, computers ain't my thing!
Reply 3
seejayybee
thanks! i can stop worrying about my results now and be happy!P

well done on the higher computing btw! i got a one for standard grade, but i'd never consider it for higher, computers ain't my thing!

TBH it was the easiest of the highers i done. All boys class and we basically just played stunt pilot and parking perfection for a year lol.

How did your results go?
If you read the stuff that comes with your certificates, you'll find out everything about them and more :yep:
Reply 5
911 bob
TBH it was the easiest of the highers i done. All boys class and we basically just played stunt pilot and parking perfection for a year lol.

How did your results go?

four 2s and two 1s and a C.
not too shabby for me! i'm not generally known as the brightest in my classes :P

Latest