The Student Room Group

Anyone got a back-up plan if all fails?

I was with some friends yesterday and we somehow go onto the conversation of a plan B if gcse results are a complete disaster and i was wondering do any of you have thoughts like this? What would you do if you found out that you could spell 'DUDE' with your results?

My plan is either to take the SATs and go to America or to become a ski- instructor in switzerland

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
wow dats cool haha
if i fail my ASs my plan is to to a btech =)
Reply 2
Yep, I'm going to apply at the local Icelands and spend the rest of my life trying to gte promoted to Assisstant manager there...:grin:
Reply 3
If I dont get the A*'s I want I may just back out of medicine, not sure what to do though.
Reply 4
If I dont get into uni I will start my own business selling designer hairdryers which also act as an mp3 player.
If I mess them up that much I will re-evaluate what I want to do next :girl:
Plan B) Kill myself.
Reply 7
If I don't get into uni (even after another year in sixth form), i'd probably join some cookery school.
Reply 8
if i dont get the grades i need in gcse to do my chosen a-level subjects i will have fun in sixth form doing 'easier' subjects. and if i failed my a levels i would try and get into music college. and if i dont even get into sixth form, i will retake my gcse's i guess... that would be terrible though.... or maybe just work in a shop for a while!
Reply 9
Olivia_Lightbulb
Plan B) Kill myself.

:p: Isn't that kinda rash?

If my results are nowhere near what I expect I'd just go vocational? I might go into acting/take my writing further or something.. :biggrin:
Reply 10
acm345
I was with some friends yesterday and we somehow go onto the conversation of a plan B if gcse results are a complete disaster and i was wondering do any of you have thoughts like this? What would you do if you found out that you could spell 'DUDE' with your results?

My plan is either to take the SATs and go to America or to become a ski- instructor in switzerland

why would you take SATs if you fail gcse's. SATs are way harder than gcse's.

Don't worry.
ACM345

Becoming an instructor is quite expensive and I would of thought you would need to be able to speak german and french to a certain level there.

x-pri-x
if i fail my ASs

I lol'd at that :frown:
Reply 12
Even if you don't get the GCSE results you need, don't change your intentions to study a subject, your AS and A level results hold more weight in whether you get a place than your GCSE results do.

If my results are nowhere near what I expect I'd just go vocational? I might go into acting/take my writing further or something.. :biggrin:

Nope, I'm killing myself. :colonhash:
May I also mention that I clicked on every single one of your spoilers. It's strangely addictive :yep:
Reply 14

Your Spoiler made me go crazy :eek3:
Reply 15
Olivia_Lightbulb
Nope, I'm killing myself. :colonhash:

Well... make sure you do it in style then :top:

May I also mention that I clicked on every single one of your spoilers. It's strangely addictive :yep:

Hoda--x
Your Spoiler made me go crazy :eek3:

:cool:
Hmm.. freelance graphic designer/illustrator maybe? I dunno :/
Reply 17
Slap myself and repeat to myself that I'm a failure.
Reply 18
bribe the boards
Reply 19
atheistwithfaith
Becoming an instructor is quite expensive and I would of thought you would need to be able to speak german and french to a certain level there.

I lol'd at that :frown:

I have already done half the course and have an A* in German and French gcses so i can get by. The training is just less than a year of school so in that respect it isn't that much.

Yeah with all the worrying of gcse failure i've looked into it :rolleyes:

Latest