The Student Room Group
Yes :h:

Not in my case though :erm:
Reply 2
I've done worse....

Then again, be wary of the suspicious presumption that if you worry enough your results will be better than expected. Many people do this, not even consciously.
I think most people probably get what they expect.
Reply 4
i really hope so. xD
Reply 5
Yeh most people prepare for the worse..or well think I dont think i got more than 70% on this paper...when they know theres a chance they could have done way better...so yeah generally people tend to have lower expectations for their results...so on results day they can smile :biggrin:

Well i hope this is the case with me! :p:
Reply 6
If you feel you did well expect good or better grades, if your not sure expect what you expected, if your expecting bad and know you didnt do well, expect bad.
I'm probably going to do worse. Which is impossible because what's worse than a U?
Reply 8
Yes, people panic alot before results day, more than the panic levels required anyway. Start to think worst case scenario. Theres a lot riding on these results (for most people anyway), when a university place at stake people are obviously going to go mad.
So yeah, I'd agree with that OP.
Reply 9
Sadly I'm always extremely positive after my exams, or at least very realistic. And I know I do it so I'm waiting to be dissappointed yet still am positive. It's confusing.
Not really. Most people can kind of guess what they're going to get, especially with A levels I think.
Reply 11
Yes, because everyone underestimates what they think they're going to get.
diamonddust
I'm probably going to do worse. Which is impossible because what's worse than a U?

Oh, hello!
Haven't seen you around for a LOOOOOOOONG time....:rolleyes:
I don't know. Last year, at the beginning of Yr 12, we had some Yr 13s talk to us in a PSE lesson and one of them said to work hard because she had come out of her exams thinking she had done well and when the results came out she'd done really bad, and that a lot of people were like that.
Also my politics teacher always went on about a girl in the year above who had got practically full marks in two modules, then a D in the other one because she misinterpreted a question. I think I may have done this :/

Latest