The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yeah it is... chemistry isn't too bad though, as long as you can memorise the typical answers there's a good chance of an A...
Biology on the other hand required some actual thinking... as did maths, further maths and physics... same cant be said for GS. I did them all til A-level without any problems apart from a distinct lack of social life... And it would be worth knowing that I didnt get any interviews the first time either... It's based on luck sometimes...

UCL like a non sciencey subject in there as well... so you're good with economics in the mix... cambridge require chem and 2 out of bio/phys/maths... theyre the only ones I can remember the actual entry requirements for.
Reply 21
Myiesha_90
chemistry isn't too bad though, as long as you can memorise the typical answers there's a good chance of an A...
Biology on the other hand required some actual thinking

I would have said the other way round. Biology was basically memorisation, for me, whereas I did have to engage my brain for chemistry. Each to their own though :smile:
Democracy
Actually there are four medical schools which don't want chemistry at all past GCSE :fyi:

I know but even they acknowledege they're unlikely to take u if u don't have chemistry unless ur some kind of Einstein and rly rly keen.
Inzamam99
I know but even they acknowledege they're unlikely to take u if u don't have chemistry unless ur some kind of Einstein and rly rly keen.

When did they say this?
Inzamam99

If you aren't 'rly rly' keen you are pretty stuffed anyway frankly.
Reply 25
km31
(just repeating what they said there)
Names.
Reply 26
Renal
Names.

:lolwut: ummmm i don't remember their names! If i remember correctly there were admissions people from lancaster and sheffield (or possibly leeds...I wasnt that interested since i don't want to do medicine! but it was compulsory..) and also from a talk at oxford (i didn't go to it but my friend applying for medicine did). I'm not saying it's entirely necessary to take maths, im sure plenty don't, i was just repeating the general theme of what i heard :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending