The Student Room Group

Where in London can I find...

...an American diner or any fast food place that serves chilli cheese fries?

I tried this curious dish a few years ago in a tacky American diner in San Francisco, and was pleasantly surprised, although not to an obsessive extent. But now I have nothing much to do, and have the sudden desire for some more chilli cheese fries, I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find somewhere that makes them. The closer to Wimbledon the better.

It would be a great help if you could also tell me the closest station to it.

Anyone that enlightens me might find some +rep.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Try that place next to fabric tinsletown?

They do cajun spiced fries with cheese, surely thats close enough ><

Or what about slimjims?

Or gets some chips and cheese and tobasco ¬_¬
Ed's diner?? It's in Soho, has the usual American trash I think. What is it with Americans and stuffing cheese into everything?

Edit: Yeah, it's on the menu.

http://www.edseasydiner.co.uk/id-133/Extras.html

Station: I'd guess Tottenham court/Goodge Strt? It's right in Soho, you can't miss it. There's one in Trocadero too, so obviously Picadilly is the nearest station.

Rep plz.
Reply 3
a_t
Try that place next to fabric tinsletown?

They do cajun spiced fries with cheese, surely thats close enough ><

Or what about slimjims?

Or gets some chips and cheese and tobasco ¬_¬

That came to mind first as well, I don't think they even do it though.

OP just get a milkshake, they're better.
Reply 4
AP123
That came to mind first as well, I don't think they even do it though.

OP just get a milkshake, they're better.

http://www.tinseltown.co.uk/Menu-EC1.pdf

Yeah they do :h:

Something close to it anyway
I found the above on Google so it looks promising!
Reply 6
eds diner

oh someones mentioned it already
Reply 7
a_t
http://www.tinseltown.co.uk/Menu-EC1.pdf

Yeah they do :h:

Something close to it anyway

As long as it's unhealthy :yy:
Reply 8
No, I really don't think that would help anything. If you do still insist on going for it, you can pick them up online here.

Pick up at least 500-1000 if you're wanting to make a serious profit.
Reply 9
Tinsletown
I can't remember which one I went to, I think it was hamstead. It was 4 in the morning
Reply 10
Tinsel Town is the place. The milkshakes are :coma:
Reply 11
Thanks for all the help everyone - you sure respond fast, there is a power cut and in the time it takes to reboot my comp I have 6 responses :redface:.

Bubbles*de*Milo
Ed's diner?? It's in Soho, has the usual American trash I think. What is it with Americans and stuffing cheese into everything?

Edit: Yeah, it's on the menu.

http://www.edseasydiner.co.uk/id-133/Extras.html

Station: I'd guess Tottenham court/Goodge Strt? It's right in Soho, you can't miss it. There's one in Trocadero too, so obviously Picadilly is the nearest station.

Rep plz.

Do you REALLY need more rep?

Your post was PROBABLY the most helpful and I'll probs head down there tomorrow, but you already have so many of those funny bubble things, so many that theyv changed colour into yellow :confused:. THis is my 130th post and I STILL don't have a single of those funny green bubbles, except the one you start with.

Edit: 10 responses by the time I submitted this message
Reply 12
dooodle1
Thanks for all the help everyone - you sure respond fast, there is a power cut and in the time it takes to reboot my comp I have 6 responses :redface:.

Your post was PROBABLY the most helpful and I'll probs head down there tomorrow, but you already have so many of those funny bubble things, so many that theyv changed colour into yellow :confused:. THis is my 130th post and I STILL don't have a single of those funny green bubbles, except the one you start with.

Edit: 8 responses by the time I submitted this message

Neg for the lulz :yep:
dooodle1

Edit: 10 responses by the time I submitted this message

You're backing out of a rep promise?

That's a neggable offence, matey.
Reply 14
Bubbles*de*Milo
You're backing out of a rep promise?

That's a neggable offence, matey.

At least it's rep. If I have a red shiny bubble thing then at least it shows that SOMEONE took the time to click thumbs up/down on my profile and has actually read a SINGLE one of my 131 posts.

Anyway, scratch what I said, I think I'll head to Ed's Diner. It looks nicer... and isn't in Soho.
dooodle1
At least it's rep. If I have a red shiny bubble thing then at least it shows that SOMEONE took the time to click thumbs up/down on my profile and has actually read a SINGLE one of my 131 posts.

Anyway, scratch what I said, I think I'll head to Ed's Diner. It looks nicer... and isn't in Soho.

What? I said go to Ed's diner... yes it is in Soho.
Reply 16
dooodle1

Looool whats wrong with soho? prejudiced much?
a_t

It is kind of a **** hole at night tbh though.
Reply 18
Bubbles*de*Milo
What? I said go to Ed's diner... yes it is in Soho.

Sorry, I meant I think I'll head to TinselTown, as it looks nicer and isn't in Soho.

:eek3: Sorry, I'm tired, it's been a long day :s-smilie:.
Reply 19
a_t

As the person below you said, it's a hole at night.

Latest

Trending

Trending