The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

How much effort required?

Hi -

I'm doing the OU course S187: Elements of forensic science and just wanted to find out really how much effort is required?

Is it possible just to kind of look at the End-of-course Assessment questions and answer them using the provided resources (obviously in my own words) and get a good grade, or is it necessary to actually work through the whole 100 hour course?

I realise if I was just to do the questions and nothing else it would defeat the point of the course and learning etc.. But I just want to know whether others have done this, and how they did? How much time was put in etc..

Thanks
Reply 1
Difficult to say without knowing the ECA questions. In theory you could do it but it may make for a crap essay... not sure, I have no experience with a 10pt course. Not sure how much material comes with it... I know my 30pt financial course requires everything to be read properly or TMAs would be a total nightmare.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Shomm
Hi -

I'm doing the OU course S187: Elements of forensic science and just wanted to find out really how much effort is required?

Is it possible just to kind of look at the End-of-course Assessment questions and answer them using the provided resources (obviously in my own words) and get a good grade, or is it necessary to actually work through the whole 100 hour course?

I realise if I was just to do the questions and nothing else it would defeat the point of the course and learning etc.. But I just want to know whether others have done this, and how they did? How much time was put in etc..

Thanks

You do need to study the book but I don't necessarily think you need to put 100 hours in. I did the 10 point astronomy course and read the book doing the ECA questions along the way in about a week. I haven't got the results yet but think I did ok. I have done level 2 courses before so maybe I found it easier because of this.

Latest

Trending

Trending