Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance Direct Non 0845 Number

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be a lot of people moaning about the 0845 phone number for Student Finance England. Too right as well if we are all applying for money then surely they should realise not all of us can afford to ring 0845. I also found on these forums a number of 01... numbers which some of them are wrong and lead you to places like UCAS etc.

But the number i rang was 0141 243 3929 and it put me straight to the Student Finance England phone line and was included in my phones contract minutes therefore making it affordable for me to ring them up so they can explain their **** ups to me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :party:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisdom-tooth)
    Or you could find the number on:

SayNoTo0870 - http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php
    You beat me to it...!

http://www.saynoto0870.com/numbersea...er=08453005090
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats where i got it from but some people dont know about services like that.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have an 01325 number for Darlington office, but I won't be able to give that one out to you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :party:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mainly because it's an LEA only line.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    I have an 01325 number for Darlington office, but I won't be able to give that one out to you.
    Is there any way to contact Darlington at all?
    I rang student finance today and asked why i've recieved no assessment yet after getting the financial evidence back a few weeks ago. I sent this all off in May and they don't know why it hasn't been processed yet so they said someone from Darlington will get in contact with me sometime next week. Well, sometime next week could be anytime and I may not be there to take the call so I would like to contact them because I start uni in a month and sending my evidence off again is not an option
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    very helpful.

Those considering a written complaint the name of the Chairman of SLC is John G Goodfellow.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had trouble putting in their "PIN"? When you call to query your application it gets you to put in your cust. reference number and then your PIN, which it tells you has been set to your birthday. I did this (double checking the numbers each time) and it wouldn't accept it, so I just called again and followed the options most likely to get me to a person and explained it to a human. I told the human my birthday and he accepted that fine.

Doh.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    So why mention it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melz0r)
    Has anyone else had trouble putting in their "PIN"? When you call to query your application it gets you to put in your cust. reference number and then your PIN, which it tells you has been set to your birthday. I did this (double checking the numbers each time) and it wouldn't accept it, so I just called again and followed the options most likely to get me to a person and explained it to a human. I told the human my birthday and he accepted that fine.

Doh.
    I did. my birth month would be 06 but that didnt work so I put 60 and it worked
    Still, all that trying for nothing, worst customer service ever :mad:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    I did. my birth month would be 06 but that didnt work so I put 60 and it worked
    Still, all that trying for nothing, worst customer service ever :mad:
    Wtf, maybe I should have tried that. Oh well, getting through to a human worked. It wasn't too bad for me, they were quite efficient - I think a lot of it depends on the person you get (believe me, I work in a call centre).
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    So why mention it?
    As I previously explaining, it's an LEA only number. I'm just confirming their existance.

Roubillac, just a note. I've not dished out any warnings for you yet despite your continued criticism. However, we will continue to monitor your contribution to this forum and take appropriate action should you continue.

Now, I'm letting this thread continue against my better judgement, considering the numbers you are all using from saynoto0870.com aren't actually meant to be used.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    As I previously explaining, it's an LEA only number. I'm just confirming their existance.

Roubillac, just a note. I've not dished out any warnings for you yet despite your continued criticism. However, we will continue to monitor your contribution to this forum and take appropriate action should you continue.

Now, I'm letting this thread continue against my better judgement, considering the numbers you are all using from saynoto0870.com aren't actually meant to be used.
    Why are the numbers from saynoto0870 not supposed to be used?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)

The number's aren't meant to be used?
    If there's the choice of an 01 number, or an 0845 number, then I'd always use the 01 number as it will be cheaper!

The 0845 number rings the same phones that the 0141 number rings, it's indifferent for the receivers
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melz0r)

Doh.
    Yes!
    I called up yesterday and tried several times to enter my PIN.
    Your pin is four digits long. This is set to the day and month of your birth. For example, if you were born on the 12th of May, your pin will be 1205
    So, born on the 1st of February, my PIN was surely 0102, no?! No...! My pin happens to be the day, month and year of my birth, in for DMYY. I tried it out of 'just for the sake' and it worked!

Note, I've not given any valuable PIN information away; because in order to use this my Student Finance Customer ID would also be required. My date of birth is freely available from many places on the internet...!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone having trouble with the PIN, don't bother fighting with it and guessing... press buttons to get you through to a person! They're all looking at the same computer system.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The fact that the 0141 number goes through to an office that don't actually process applications should be enough evidence. That's Glasgow, not Darlington where SFE are based and all administration comes out. You're actually going through to a payments office and asking them things they shouldn't be dealing with.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taiko)
    The fact that the 0141 number goes through to an office that don't actually process applications should be enough evidence. That's Glasgow, not Darlington where SFE are based and all administration comes out. You're actually going through to a payments office and asking them things they shouldn't be dealing with.
    If you use saynoto0870 then you can get through to the right people to deal with your problem.

considering the numbers you are all using from saynoto0870.com aren't actually meant to be used.
    What is that all about? ^
Updated: January 12, 2010
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.