Reply 40
yes!
better than 20 isn't it. xD
Reply 41
£100,000 as a dentist
ToastyCoke
Most people on here are intolerably naive

This.

I doubt I'll ever earn 40k, but I'm not motivated by money. 40k is a lot.
Reply 43
I'd consider it a very good salary. I'm on £14k and happy.
Reply 44
Its worth getting out of bed for. I think allot of people will be shocked whilst trying to find a job. Theres nothing wrong with being ambitious but inevitably i think allot of people on here will be dissapointed with what they ultimatly earn.
Reply 45
No thanks.

60k min
Reply 46
How am I not suprised by some of the responses on here.
Reply 47
it's a good salary, but I want to earn enough that I can live in the way I have become accustomed to -ie multiple holidays, nice big house and swimming pool and holiday homes, not having to worry or think if something like a massive gas bill pops on the doormat or if I had to get a plumber in to fix something etc.
this is assuming it's like a final income. I'd be very happy to start on a salary like that! But once you have family etc, school fees, clothes, food, bills, all add up and 40k isn't much for a family of say 5 to live on.
Well it certainly wouldn't allow me to live in a big house, with a couple of 4X4s in the drive and 4 privately educated children but...

Apart from that I'd certainly be happy with that. My mum doesn't work and my Dad earns a bit less, but we've (+ a sister) been pretty confortable and have had nice holidays. I should be able to earn at least a little over that in a few years if I work hard so it's all good.
My mum makes 40k a year, but there's 3 of us and she's the only income so it doesn't really stretch as far as people think it might.

Plus we live in Central London.
i heard that earning £34k and above your in the top 25% of earners in Britain.
Of course its a good salary, i'd be happy with salary of at least £18k once i've graduated and in the long term around £28k
If we talking about height of career than no, I wouldnt be happy with double that. Id barely be content with triple.

Im not one of those people obsessed with hoarding money. I just have certain things I want to spend it on.
Reply 52
as long as the salary can enable me pay my rent and leave outtside my parents's house then it is a good salary
Reply 53
For the North that's a fairly high salary but I'd be hoping to earn more than that before the age of 28.
Yes I'd be very happy with that salary. It's nearly double what I'll earn when (if!) I qualify.
Not bad. The ambitious target is 200 :p:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 56
rob6709
Its worth getting out of bed for. I think allot of people will be shocked whilst trying to find a job. Theres nothing wrong with being ambitious but inevitably i think allot of people on here will be dissapointed with what they ultimatly earn.

This. It has taken me 5yrs to achieve this sort of wage, and I dont know a single grad who earns this out of uni...my bro earns more than 40k now but that is 3 yrs further study after finishing his masters in maths, until he finished his chartership quals he was on roughly a wage alot less than 40k
Now we're talking :yes:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 58
£40k before tax is a heck of a lot of money for one person to live off, regardless of where. However, if you want to live in a good-sized suburban detached house and have a family, send the kids to private schools and maintain a couple of nice cars and still have money spare to go on holiday, you'd need a reasonable bit more.

Though if your spouse earns a similar amount, it wound't be too hard at all. Obviously luxuries increase with salary but 2 X £40k would be plenty for one household, especially seeing as neither earner breaks into the damn high tax band of 40%.
Savahl
This. It has taken me 5yrs to achieve this sort of wage, and I dont know a single grad who earns this out of uni...my bro does now but that is 3 yrs further study after finishing his masters in maths

I read it as wage at height of career rather than when you graduate personally.

Latest

Trending

Trending