The Student Room Group

How is everybody revising Science (especially modular)

How is everybody revising Modular GCSE Science, (preferably AQA).
There just seems so much to learn, I don't know whether I can remember it all. We have hardly had any past papers because of our bad teachers, and these bad teachers means that I have to revise them is such detail, almost self teaching myself because the teaching is so bad.
So what advice would people give?

Scroll to see replies

NickiM
How is everybody revising Modular GCSE Science, (preferably AQA).
There just seems so much to learn, I don't know whether I can remember it all. We have hardly had any past papers because of our bad teachers, and these bad teachers means that I have to revise them is such detail, almost self teaching myself because the teaching is so bad.
So what advice would people give?

Reading my revision guide always works for me but not reading the entire lot in an hour thats just stupid but reading it slowly and digesting it into ur brain and then testing urself on it.

I tried all the "revision cards" and "mindmaps" and crap but i can say that that doesnt work for me. we all work differently. how have u been revisin for other subjects that requie lots of info like history for example? answer that question and that should help you
Reply 2
Hehe, I just asked a question about how to revise for History!
Generally I read the book, copy out from the revision guide, and then do past papers. I write posters and such.
Thanks!
You should have the CGP revision guide (double award science), I bought it from my school for only £2.00 or something! Result - A*A*

I was revising from it about 5 months before the exams though...
Reply 4
Im also using the CGP book. It's very very helpful and got me about 8 or 9 A*'s in my modules and the rest A's. Now just gotta read it again for the final exams!
Reply 5
Yes, in my modules, I have A*s, As and 1 B (stupid Physics - we dont' get taught that). I do have that book, the final modules book and early modules book, but there is just so much to learn.
Reply 6
I've been learning the syllabus. :eek: :biggrin: I just turned all the information around into questions and answered them over and over again. Mind you though, there is a lot and I've been doing this since last month.
Reply 7
i wish i did modules, it takes some of the pressure off doesnt it
Reply 8
It does take some pressure off but the exam is still worth 50 or 60%!
Reply 9
yeh its better than the 75 its worth with normal, lol
Reply 10
I suppose! It doesn't make it seem any easier though, there is so much to bloomin' learn.
Reply 11
tru very tru
Reply 12
Past papers are good aint they? There is loads available to download. BUT - I am also worried about getting all that lot outta me brain for the main exam!! Any great tips for rembering that lot wud b gd!
i know what u mean i have done tones of biology questions today and i dont know how useful it has been
Reply 14
Use a syllabus. Go onto the website for you exam board and print it off. It's very helpful showing you what you need to learn, as some of the topics in revision books are not needed. Depends what exam board you're doing. Hope everything goes well!! =) Sure it will.
Knowing what is in each paper is really helpful considering they're over a week apart. Up until Paper 1, I'm revising only the topics for that paper, then I've got an entire week to revise topics for Paper 2. http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-3468-W-SP-05.pdf - page 15 onwards.

And then I revise each topic from CGP revision guide, answering questions in the CGP workbook I've got.
Reply 16
Thanks! My revision guide is specifically based on the syllabus, so I think everything in it is relevent. :smile:
I know what you mean - there's just so much to learn! Especially with recall! And in class when I got taught it, it just didnt sink in so, with me too, I have had to teach myself, which isnt the best thing but what can you do. I suggest you get up early and revise real hard, with breaks in between. Just read your revision books, and your syllabii (i love that word) and take notes and answer questions and make suer you know it all.
Reply 18
i find revising science easier than other subjects. It is only about learning facts.I just read through the revision book couple of times and achieve high grades.lol. However i find revising subjects such as history or english harder, because they involve a lot of practice on exam exam questions.
IZZY!
i find revising science easier than other subjects. It is only about learning facts.I just read through the revision book couple of times and achieve high grades.lol. However i find revising subjects such as history or english harder, because they involve a lot of practice on exam exam questions.

Exactly. I hate science and i;m finding it so much easier to revise than the others. Once you understand it and know the facts then it's great. But for english and business you have to know so much more and how to write things. Argh.

Latest