The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Course changes need to be approved - I don't know if you can request a course change through the portal if you are a new student. Regardless, I suggest you either phone the university and discuss the issue with someone relevant, or, failing that, ask your advisor about it in freshers' week.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
From what to what is of relevance here.
Reply 3
It's also worth adding that you'll need to take at least a semester (usually a year) of the subject you were accepted for. You'll also need your advisor's approval too.
Reply 4
Well I did. Changed form French-Spanish with managment to Maths MA. They barely changed the offer, so I say go for it, unless it's a popular course..
Reply 5
Sanzhar
Well I did. Changed form French-Spanish with managment to Maths MA. They barely changed the offer, so I say go for it, unless it's a popular course..

wow I'd love to read your personal statement - those are quite contrasting subjects!
Reply 6
Sambo2
wow I'd love to read your personal statement - those are quite contrasting subjects!

haha, if you want to, I can PM it to you :smile: (although, I think u're just being too kind :tongue:)
Reply 7
nah it deosnt affect me lol but must have been quite a challenge!
Reply 8
What's the link for requesting course change? I've been meaning to speak to my advisor about it, but I might request it online instead?
M_E_X
What's the link for requesting course change? I've been meaning to speak to my advisor about it, but I might request it online instead?

Returning students can do it where their module choices are on the advising bit of the portal - I think. I don't want to click the bit saying 'request course change' in case I suddenly end up studying Spanish :wink:

Latest