The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wisdom-tooth
Oh please ...

Because Britains changed, not necessarily for the better
Dijobla
LOL. Britain can still be British even if there are more Muslims. It wasn't always Christian, was it? People got used to that very quickly.

Britain won't be the same then, will it? We might as well rename it Pakistan or Iraq. It'll be altered from what it used to be
Reply 62
not MUSLIMS?!!
Reply 63
R£SP£CT
Theres no concrete evidence to suggest that the demographics of the European Union will end up being that of suggested by the article. Even to an extent if it were true, what exactly is the problem?. I think many people have a distorted image of muslims and Islam based on the actions and views of a few individual fanatics. Thus in turn, when population estimations are conveyed, many are left in an uncomfortable state with the thought of an increase in 'muslims'.

Yeh i think your right, people are basing their predujices on all muslims due to faults of some. If thats not narrow minded then i dont know what is.
indigoblue
Britain won't be the same then, will it? We might as well rename it Pakistan or Iraq. It'll be altered from what it used to be

Time tends to have that effect on things. :colonhash:
Reply 65
indigoblue

Well, we might as well be called Jerusalem then, because we aren't the same country we were before Christianity, are we? :indiff:
Dijobla
Well, we might as well be called Jerusalem then, because we aren't the same country we were before Christianity, are we? :indiff:

No, because of the demographic change...
littleshambles
Time tends to have that effect on things. :colonhash:

Yes but if you'd have said we'd be a fifth muslim fifty years ago, people would have laughed at you
indigoblue
Yes but if you'd have said we'd be a fifth muslim fifty years ago, people would have laughed at you

Yes.

Time tends to have that effect.

:colonhash:
Reply 69
indigoblue
No, because of the demographic change...

??
Reply 70
littleshambles
Yes.

Precisely.
littleshambles
Yes.

Well, if time says so...
indigoblue

If you'd have said fifty years ago people would be walking around with devices allowing them to stay in contact with each other and able to have high speed access of information from around the world, people would have laughed at you.

Your point is..?

The world is changing, demographics are changing, populations are changing, science and technology is changing. We need to unite and tackle the more important issues such as global poverty and the future of our planet. Quit this "us and them" attitude and get over it. :rolleyes:
Dijobla
??

We aren't all converting to Islam, just Muslims are moving here
Reply 74
Look at what happened to India when its Muslim population of 22% kicked off. Perhaps they can take Scotland.
indigoblue
Well, if time says so...

If you'd said fifty years ago that we would have portable 3-inch computers that played all the music you own into your ears using wires wherever you want all day people would have laughed at you.

If you'd said fifty years ago that the USSR would not exist in fifty years' time people would have laughed at you.

etc.
Riquelminho
If you'd have said fifty years ago people would be walking around with devices allowing them to stay in contact with each other and able to have high speed access of information from around the world, people would have laughed at you.

Your point is..?

The world is changing, demographics are changing, populations are changing, science and technology is changing. We need to unite and tackle the more important issues such as global poverty and the future of our planet. Quit this "us and them" attitude and get over it. :rolleyes:

Because it is "us and them", thats just the way it is, go out on the streets and see.

My point is I don't want to be a muslim country, I regard technological advance as a good thing, but massive muslim incomers as not
littleshambles
If you'd said fifty years ago that we would have portable 3-inch computers that played all the music you own into your ears using wires wherever you want all day people would have laughed at you.

If you'd said fifty years ago that the USSR would not exist in fifty years' time people would have laughed at you.

etc.

Yes I get it.

Some bad things happen with time, some good things happen with time.
Elipsis
Look at what happened to India when its Muslim population of 22% kicked off. Perhaps they can take Scotland.

Europe thinks its immune. If the economys good, we're good
Reply 79
indigoblue
Yes I get it.

Some bad things happen with time, some good things happen with time.

No! What are you on about? Change! Change is the solution for everything, regardless of time or place... Oh wait:rolleyes:

Latest