The Student Room Group

Do YOU like the clingy type...

Poll

Do you like the clingy type?

I have two friends, who decided to get together, at first it was ok... But after being a third wheel for 1 year ive started wondering?

Do girls like the clingy/jealous/obsessive/protective type...? I know most people will automatically say "no" but honestly do you?

And to what degree? MSN/phonecall everyday? or once a week?

Just curious...:yes: and remember be honest...

Scroll to see replies

depends what you call clingy/jealous/obsessive/protective
clingy - a call or whatever every day is fine ( i live with my parter) but wanting all of your free time to be theirs is not.
jealous - being obviously jealous when someone else is hitting on you is fine, wanting you to stay in because they're jealous of everyone that gets to spend time with you is not.
obsessive -asking where you are and what you've been doing in a chatty kind of way is fine, asking to find out what you've been up to is not.
protective - defending you is fine, shielding you from pain is fine but refusing to let you out because you won't be ok on your own is not.
death.drop
clingy - a call or whatever every day is fine ( i live with my parter) but wanting all of your free time to be theirs is not.
jealous - being obviously jealous when someone else is hitting on you is fine, wanting you to stay in because they're jealous of everyone that gets to spend time with you is not.
obsessive -asking where you are and what you've been doing in a chatty kind of way is fine, asking to find out what you've been up to is not.
protective - defending you is fine, shielding you from pain is fine but refusing to let you out because you won't be ok on your own is not.

Nail on head tbh.
Reply 3
Bubbles*de*Milo
Nail on head tbh.

Your sig is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
Yuck!!!!!!!! run run run run run run!
Clinginess is a major turn off.
No.
Reply 6
Yes, I freking love it (at least what I mean by clingy). By clingy I mean completely and utterly cuddly, always wanting to talk to each other and being just a little bit worried for each other. Like my ex always telling me to be safe when I went climbing and asking for a text when we finished to make sure I was ok, just little things like that which make you feel loved and happy.
I like a bit of a chase, clinginess = game over
Reply 8
spacepirate-James
I have two friends, who decided to get together, at first it was ok... But after being a third wheel for 1 year ive started wondering?

Do girls like the clingy/jealous/obsessive/protective type...? I know most people will automatically say "no" but honestly do you?

And to what degree? MSN/phonecall everyday? or once a week?

Just curious...:yes: and remember be honest...

You're the third wheel... wtf is going on?
Reply 9
I consider clingyness to be good, to an extent. Obviously not possesive or unreasonable jelousy, but I'd much rather have that than someone who seemingly doesn't care.
no to clingy.
i'm definitely the jealous type :frown:
emmie19
You're the third wheel... wtf is going on?

:frown: my two best friends got togther...we were orignally part of a really strong group of five. We used to do everything together and it was amazing. But as soon as the two friends got together the rest of the group sort of left and found "new friends". And that just leaves me. They invite me to places with them but its just so awkward. Also they just blank me on msn, our conversations consists of one syllable answers "lol" for 30 minutes. And you wont believe the amount of problems that they have with each other/everyone else and it seems that they expect me to solve/help/negotiate/make people feel better which is ok since i am that caring type of person but its just frustrating...

Well that was a rant..but yeah, dont know what to do :mad:
Reply 12
spacepirate-James
:frown: my two best friends got togther...we were orignally part of a really strong group of five. We used to do everything together and it was amazing. But as soon as the two friends got together the rest of the group sort of left and found "new friends". And that just leaves me. They invite me to places with them but its just so awkward. Also they just blank me on msn, our conversations consists of one syllable answers "lol" for 30 minutes. And you wont believe the amount of problems that they have with each other/everyone else and it seems that they expect me to solve/help/negotiate/make people feel better which is ok since i am that caring type of person but its just frustrating...

Well that was a rant..but yeah, dont know what to do :mad:

Hmm, ever wait for them to invite you out but don't force yourself to tag along if they're bored... phone, but be prepared for them to say, 'Oh, I'm waiting for a call from bf/gf'. Phone them as much as they phone you. Meet up with them as much as they organise to meet you and vice versa. As a rule of thumb.
I like clingyness....for all of 5 minutes...then it drives me compeltely insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!
Also i hate guys that wont argue back, and just act like doormats when youre only really mad becuase they arent letting you have the heated argument that you want for some inexplicable reason.
slightlyoddchild
I like clingyness....for all of 5 minutes...then it drives me compeltely insaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaane!
Also i hate guys that wont argue back, and just act like doormats when youre only really mad becuase they arent letting you have the heated argument that you want for some inexplicable reason.

yeah people that constantly agree with you, tell you your perfect at everything (when its obvious your not) and knowing that you could clikc your fingers and ask him to dance when you wanted......
:rolleyes:
No,
I honestly can't stand it.
Reply 16
Yeah i quite like it.
Id definately prefer a bit of clingyness than the girl being an 'I dont really care' type. Little bit of controlled jealousy is also nice, shows they care.
I'd imagine clingyness to be a big turn-off. I've never really had a clingy guy that I can think of, but jealousy has turned me off a guy in the past, and not even major jealousy, just thinking Im "into" a guy because I'm speaking to him. I can talk to who I want, when I want, and go where I want thank you very much.

Because I hate jealousy and clingyness so much in men, Im very wary of being even slightly clingy or jealous myself. I hide jealousy the majority of the time and end up feeling crap about stupid things for not sharing my concerns, and I think sometimes I try so hard not to be clingy that it looks like Im not interested at all. Hrm, think there's a middle ground that's very hard to reach, but if you're perceptive about how your guy/girl reacts to your reactions then you can change your reactions to things so that you still get what you want but dont piss anyone off too much. However if you end up having to change too much then you're with the wrong person really.

Wow, what a load of crap I just wrote, sorry!
death.drop

Sums it up really well.

Latest

Trending

Trending