Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCAS points

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey just wondering if anyone could help.

my firm uni states on the ucas decision letter that i need to get a minimum of 280 points. the thing thats confusing is it says 'to include at least 2 gce a level passes'

does it mean i can get scrap together some points from AS or something if i need to get 280

cheers
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakdrummer1234)

my firm uni states on the ucas decision letter that i need to get a minimum of 280 points. the thing thats confusing is it says 'to include at least 2 gce a level passes'

does it mean i can get scrap together some points from AS or something if i need to get 280

cheers
    yes, AS levels also contributes to UCAS but only in subjects which you didn't take to full A-level. Subjects like General Studies also count, provided that the offer doesn't explicitly state that it cannot be counted.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

cheers

yer A-levels

A-120
    B-100
    C-80
    D-60

As levels
    A-60
    B-50
    C-40
    D-30

so 2 gce a level passes' means to include 2 A -levels and any you did not do in A2 (2nd year), only in AS levels, because you droped them after first year. :yes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ah brilliant cheers for that. only got 2 Es for 2 subjects i dropped but still is worth 40 points, better than nothing, might help!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I thought it had to specify if they took AS results too =S
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

cheers
    it means you can't just use 280 ucas points from just AS Levels or a combination of AS Levels and 1 A Level

it means you have to have at least 2 A levels (passsed) in that 280 ucas points
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so will the ucas points from the 2 subjects i dropped at AS be automatically added to my overall tariff total?
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    so will the ucas points from the 2 subjects i dropped at AS be automatically added to my overall tariff total?
    Assuming you put them on your UCAS form (as you should have) then yes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    can you combine 4 A2's?
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazzz)
    can you combine 4 A2's?
    Of course, so long as they meet the criteria set out by the university (in the example above that 2 be A2 passes)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bit confused about the ucas form, might not have done that. can i then just add those 40 points on results day?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 11, 2009
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.