The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Yep, i'm having the same problem. Getting access to the accommodation thingy doesn't seem to be possible for me at the moment either.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
This was working fine for me yesterday and today, although I do get the occasional error page whilst navigating the modules. I had to email them about error pages last week and they responded within a coupld of days, so that's what I'd recommend ^^
Reply 3
This works for me. Are you using your username or your student ID for logging in?
Reply 4
When it comes up with a red page which is like this:
There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information .

Just click on the "continue to this website" that i have highlighted in green...although it says that it's not recommended, it's absolutely fine...it's been like this everytime I've signed in, even last year, so I think it's just something to do with the st andrews end...it's fine, it hasn;t done anything to my computer! :wink:
Reply 5
...oh and for module choosing, I'm pretty sure you use your ID number (9 digits long) as opposed to your username (which you use for webmail etc)...

Hope you get it to work!
Reply 6
Does anybody know when the deadline for this is? I'm still trying to decide what to do :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Bucky!
Does anybody know when the deadline for this is? I'm still trying to decide what to do :s-smilie:

You just have to choose your modules before your adviser appointment which is sometime during freshers week, so it's probs best to get them chosen before heading to uni, as when you get here, you'll probs be very busy!
But...don't worry, what you choose now online isn't set in stone, once you've met with your adviser you'll discuss what you've chosen, and why, and you can ask any qus, or voice concerns for your choices, and you can theb discuss what other options there are etc.

So what you choose now, can change! :wink:
I suspect you need this sort of thing done in order to matriculate, and if you delay your matriculation, you might incur administrative fees. Matriculation is meant to be online this year, so I know very little about how it will work :rolleyes: yaaaaaay.

Do try to choose a sensible combination of modules... but sophie_c's right, you should be able to change them, within reason. Try to choose things that you would feel fairly happy doing, just in case there are any problems.

With your web browers yelling 'AAAARGH DANGER!!!', it's worth exercising common sense. Anything that is linked by the university in a sensible way has been fine in my experience, but watch out for e-mails telling you to give your username and password. The grammar/spelling in this is usually a giveaway that these aren't trustworthy, but you do occasionally find the odd convincing one.
I've chosen my modules that I want to do, but in my second semester I have a timetable clash (MT1007 and GG1002). Is this something that will be talked over with my advisor or should I give up on that train of thought and do something else?

Also, the geography and geoscience modules are all confused within themselves, with some Geoscience modules being given GE, GG and GS codes. So the way it's worked, I've ended up doing two GG modules in Semester 1, and two again Semester 2 (although two topics are Geoscience, two are Geography). Any idea if this works?
the problem is neither with the certificate nor with the username. it actually recognizes my username and password (i know this bc with other combinations of user &password it won't even let me in) and then just gives me a page telling me i'm not authorized. i've written about this to registry, still waiting for a reply
Reply 11
EmmathePiper
I've chosen my modules that I want to do, but in my second semester I have a timetable clash (MT1007 and GG1002). Is this something that will be talked over with my advisor or should I give up on that train of thought and do something else?

Also, the geography and geoscience modules are all confused within themselves, with some Geoscience modules being given GE, GG and GS codes. So the way it's worked, I've ended up doing two GG modules in Semester 1, and two again Semester 2 (although two topics are Geoscience, two are Geography). Any idea if this works?

Hmm...if you know there's a timetable clash, maybe just have a think about what else you may be interested in doing, just so that when you got to see your adviser, and they say sorry you'll have to choose something else, you're not totally clueless!

I don't know anything about the geog and geoscience modules, sorry!
Reply 12
cogito-ergo-sum
the problem is neither with the certificate nor with the username. it actually recognizes my username and password (i know this bc with other combinations of user &password it won't even let me in) and then just gives me a page telling me i'm not authorized. i've written about this to registry, still waiting for a reply

I had the same thing a few days ago, but it's working today. I imagine we're just all being... processed, or some such, and will be able to access the preadvising page in time.