The Student Room Group

Double Science Awards

Alright, I've got a question I'm slightly confused about .. I read the qualifications for medicine for Cambridge university and it says for IGCSE we need a double science award with a minimum pass of C, or single awards in Chemistry and Physics with a minimum pass of C.

However, what I did was IGCSE Biology (A*) and IGCSE Chemistry (A). Those are the two science subjects I took, as well as mathematics and additional mathematics. Will that compensate for the double science awards?
Reply 1
la.polista
Alright, I've got a question I'm slightly confused about .. I read the qualifications for medicine for Cambridge university and it says for IGCSE we need a double science award with a minimum pass of C, or single awards in Chemistry and Physics with a minimum pass of C.

However, what I did was IGCSE Biology (A*) and IGCSE Chemistry (A). Those are the two science subjects I took, as well as mathematics and additional mathematics. Will that compensate for the double science awards?

You need to have the GCSE in Physics too! but it should be ok as you have done very well in Bio and Chem. maybe just self teach GCSE Physics, I did and I got an A, It was very easy (AQA).

Latest