Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do I wear to physiotherapy?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I'm about to start physio for hip trouble (ah, the joys of ballet,) and I have no clue what to wear. I've read in some places that they make you strip to your underwear, but I have no idea i that's the case everywhere. Do I wear short shorts? I know that I won't be able to wear leggings or joggers, because the physio needs to be able to access my hip.

Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you needed to wear anything in particular they would have told you. Wear regular gym stuff.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm hoping to study physio at uni next year so I've been on some work experience and from what I've seen with hip injures, they'll most likely ask you to strip down to your underwear but go in shorts if you can, if not other gym wear which you can move and stretch in easily. Hope your hip's better soon, I know what it's like as I'm also a dancer 😊
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elenahandy)
    So I'm about to start physio for hip trouble (ah, the joys of ballet,) and I have no clue what to wear. I've read in some places that they make you strip to your underwear, but I have no idea i that's the case everywhere. Do I wear short shorts? I know that I won't be able to wear leggings or joggers, because the physio needs to be able to access my hip.

Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:
    I would suggest having a pair of shorts and a t-shirt available to wear. I made the mistake of going to a physio session a couple of years ago for some back trouble wearing a summer dress. The rather hunky physio told me he'd need to look at my back to look at my posture so I had to remove my dress for him to examine me and perform the exercises he have me. Fortunately, I had nice matching undies on. Unfortunately, the bottom part of the set was a thong and the material could only be described as "sheer"! ☺️ I'm not sure who was more embarrassed...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bex94)
    I would suggest having a pair of shorts and a t-shirt available to wear. I made the mistake of going to a physio session a couple of years ago for some back trouble wearing a summer dress. The rather hunky physio told me he'd need to look at my back to look at my posture so I had to remove my dress for him to examine me and perform the exercises he have me. Fortunately, I had nice matching undies on. Unfortunately, the bottom part of the set was a thong and the material could only be described as "sheer"! ☺️�� I'm not sure who was more embarrassed...
    As a professional, he shouldn't have allowed you to do that and he should have rearranged. But, can you blame him, a girl in sexy underwear and a thong....

I've been to many physios / osteos. My advice would be to wear shorts, and adequate underwear. My regular osteo does not allow me to strip to my underwear. The first physio I went to had me strip down. I went to a hot sports massage therapist not to long ago and I started stripping down to my underwear and she told me to stop

Depends on their own policies really
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    A merkin
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)
    As a professional, he shouldn't have allowed you to do that and he should have rearranged. But, can you blame him, a girl in sexy underwear and a thong....

I've been to many physios / osteos. My advice would be to wear shorts, and adequate underwear. My regular osteo does not allow me to strip to my underwear. The first physio I went to had me strip down. I went to a hot sports massage therapist not to long ago and I started stripping down to my underwear and she told me to stop

Confidence slap down!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genocidal)
    Confidence slap down!
    Haha I know
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Something loose fitting, and good underwear.
    I went for my lower back and hip and I was wearing a skirt and top, at first she tucked the skirt into it's own waistband and then I asked her if it would just be easier if I took it off.
    For my upper back I wear a spaghetti strap vest top, and when I went for my knees it was a skirt or shorts (or really loose fitting pants that would roll up).
    Wear good shoes as well, or they'll tell you off.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by commandant)

Oh great! So he was probably having me on? Can't say that makes me feel any better or less embarrassed given what he clearly saw! Oh well, I'm sure seeing me in my bra and pants wouldn't have been all that memorable for him!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 12, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.