The Student Room Group

Workout Music Thread

Scroll to see replies

I have a bit of a mix depending on my mood but I get quite bored easily and end up playing beat the intro :P

Currently have a very random playlist which includes:
Arctic Monkeys
Akon
Rhianna remixes
Amy Winehouse remixes
Greenday
Johnny Cash
The Twang
Pigeon Detectives
Mark Ronson
The Delays
My Chem Romance
Stuff of the Clubbers Guide 07, Electro House Sessions and Hed Kandi
Offspring... to name a few!

(Said it was varied!)

Muse are awesome by the way - might stick em on my playlist.
Uhm, I have the soundtrack to Rocky 4.
Prodigyyy: Voodoo people; Smack my bitch up; action radar etcetera.
Reply 123
Muse, Prodigy, Pendulum, Scissor sisters... And some random very angry or very cheesy songs! :smile: I don't think I would survive on a treadmill for 30/40 minutes without my ipod!
Reply 124
The last time I was at the ol' gymnasium, I listened to Lightning Bolt and ELO.
Trance/House always.
Girls Aloud (what?)
Reply 127
I'll just listen to whatever's playing on the gym's speakers. I find that most music sounds good and motivational when excercising

Except Rhianna, which is annoying as they always have that on when I go.
Reply 128
When I'm out jogging (don't tend to do the gym) I always go for Eminem. Usually all the songs have the same BPM, so it's good to jog along to.

Dance and trance are also favourites for rowing, back in those dark gym days :wink:
Hm I have a lots of different stuff. Linkin Park, lurve them, Paramore, Crossfade, Fergie, Scouting for Girls, Three Doors down, Jamie T, Within Temptation, Damien Rice, Guns and Roses amongst more
Reply 130
Darkthrone
Emperor
Mayhem
Immortal
Amon Amarth
Cannibal Corpse
Decapitated
Deicide
Mortician
Satyricon
Vader
Burzum
Skeve
Darkthrone
Emperor
Mayhem
Immortal
Amon Amarth
Cannibal Corpse
Decapitated
Deicide
Mortician
Satyricon
Vader
Burzum

People still listen to Black/Death Metal? Crazy.:p:
Certain artists seem to make good workout music. Most stuff by Jennifer Lopez or Christina Milian gets me going.

My favourite workout song though is Ok Go- Here It Goes Again. Perhaps it's no coincidence the video was filmed with treadmills :p:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI
Angrybanana
Certain artists seem to make good workout music. Most stuff by Jennifer Lopez or Christina Milian gets me going.

My favourite workout song though is Ok Go- Here It Goes Again. Perhaps it's no coincidence the video was filmed with treadmills :p:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

Ha, ha! You're such a girl. I could never listen to anything not hard and fast while lifting, but I'm a guy, so...:p:
Reply 134
Trying Hard Now - Rocky
Boy George - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
I think its best to match the beat with your target heartrate - I like trance - a tiesto album is pretty good listening for a gym session, I tend to use it on the rowers as it builds and drops so its almost like intervals - apart from that distillers, paramore, something with just a hint of rage to it and really thumping works for me.
I cant concentrate with blaring music so i dont listen to any and people who have it out blaring loud, esp in the weightsroom are a tad annoying.
Game - Put You On The Game
Reply 138
I listen to loads of random stuff in the gym :smile: I like to have something with a lot of energy, like, enter shikari, gallows and stuff like that.

Sometimes I put on some Slipknot (which Im not a big fan of), but the drum beats and energy are dead uplifting :smile:
Pump it up - denzel

Quick Reply

Latest