The Student Room Group

Workout Music Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Bullet for my Valentine, Trivium, Ne-Yo, Atreyu (The Crimson), ermmm.. Story of the year, Yellowcard..Frou Frou sometimes lol.etc etc..wait i wanna right more...
Lloyd, Tupac (lol dont look at me like that), Notorious BIG..etcetc..(dont worry no moreeee)

:biggrin:
Reply 141
Sorry if this has already been done before!

I find music really, really helpful when I'm working out or playing any type of sport, both to keep me motivated, and to help keep going, but the main one for me is that music helps me get 'into the zone'! Unfortunatly I only have maybe 10 tracks that work, some better than others and they are really geting tired I've been playing them so much, so I need some new stuff!

Just wondering if people could recommend any tracks that they feel really gets them ready for competition/a really good workout etc?
I know its cheesy, but things like Lose Yourself are strangely good, not really a fan of Rap, but I find it really gets me pumped up! Guess its the whole driving bass thing lol!
So does anybody know any motivational songs, preferably with motivational lyrics, not just dance tracks etc!

Thanks so much for your help!
flash dance!!!!!
Reply 143
Fall out boy and foofighters are the only artists I have on my ipod that really seem to get me 'in the zone' - anything loud and fast i imagine works fine. i need new music.
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, rising up to the challenge of our riiivals...
Reply 146
fabulous_darling
It's the eye of the tiger, it's the thrill of the fight, rising up to the challenge of our riiivals...

lol! I use to love that song sooooo much, I remember it used to be my 'theme' when I was young!! One of my best friends 'themes' was 'How Much Is That Doggy In The Window' lol! :rolleyes:
Reply 147
Most dance music really.

Adiage for strings - Tiesto ftw however
Reply 148
Pink Floyd - One of These Days

I associate it with Frank Zane's 1983 Mr Olympia posing routine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCcPdiefv0)... amazing.
I listen to heavy metal **** lol - children of bodom etc - not a big fan of it but it gets me going

also hardcore dance stuff then, hardcore adreniline is great
Touche
Pink Floyd - One of These Days

I associate it with Frank Zane's 1983 Mr Olympia posing routine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCcPdiefv0)... amazing.

Yep that. If you're interested in Pink Floyd check this out :wink:

Pendulum gets me going for some reason
final countdown
Reply 152
well i found out that listening to Mariah Carey- We Belong Together got me pumped up while i was at the gym.. i think its that big ending to the song..revvs me up lol

Dare i say it, by britney's album blackout has a lot of songs that would get anybody pumped up.. full of base and beats.. hows i like it.#

Any hip hop isntrumentals also get me going.yayz
Same Direction - Hoobastank
Follow - Breaking Benjamin
To Be Loved - Papa Roach
Adrenaline - 12 Stones
Does Your Mother Know :p:
DJ Shadow ~ Stem

Aphex Twin ~ Window Licker

Orbital ~ Satan

Michael Jackson ~ Beat It
Eye of the Tiger
One of my favourites, Squarepusher ~ Tomorrow World

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-yAjdkOOnAY&feature=related
the hell song - sum 41 dunno what it is about this song but i could run for hours with this stuck on repeat :p:
Reply 159
Heavy ****. :d

Swim - In Flames

Stream of Consciousness which was mentioned earlier is also a good one, even though it's super technical, that's cool. :d

Quick Reply

Latest