The Student Room Group

Workout Music Thread

So I know most gyms play music to keep you going, but a lot of people just ignore it and use an mp3 with a set playlist.

What's on yours?

Scroll to see replies

bullet for my valentine
trivium
atreyu
lamb of god
bring me the horizon
metallica
bleeding through
all that remains
avenged sevenfold
eighteen visions
mastdon
pantera
Papa roach
roadrunner united
slipknot
still remains
slayer
opeth
megadeath
drowning pool
as i lay dying.
Reply 2
30 gigs worth. Few play lists of really upbeat club'y things to work through some sets.
Reply 3
Loads of different stuff but for the treadmill I have Underoath - Reinventing your exit.
Gets my ready to pump it every time.
Good luck.
Mens Health do a section every month on what music to listen to when working out as it can effect your work out greatly depending on the tempo and beat etc
Reply 5
^ That's so true... I know that when I go swimming, if I've got downbeat kinda songs in my head I find it harder to pick up my pace in the pool when I get bored. If I want to be really energetic in the water I need to listen to something upbeat and catchy before I go so that it's in my head when I'm swimming!

Roll on MP3 players you can use in the pool...I've heard a lot about them being developed and I would LOVE one!
Reply 6
tons of dmx lol
trance is good, i just have loads of those trance compliations on mine.
Dance music :smile:
Reply 9
eminiem-one shot... always good on the way to the gym. my generally plays decent stuff, trance or metal. its not the sort of gym that is covered in cotton wool with nicely painted walls and laminate flooring though.
Muse, Be Your Own Pet, The Shins, Wilco, Patrick Wolf... I don't listen to all that much, but when I'm running I like listening to Amon Tobin.
I change it every time (only got 256mb on my phones memory card!) but upbeat tsuff is prob the way to go for the gym.

failing that EYE OF THE TIGER works everytime!
Reply 12
Dance music. I can't do my cardio routine without my iPod :dontknow:
Reply 13
rainbow84uk

Roll on MP3 players you can use in the pool...I've heard a lot about them being developed and I would LOVE one!

Ditto! This just doesnt cut it for me!

And dance for me as well, mainly old skool stuff :cool:
Reply 14
I find that pendulum and linkin park are quite good to listen to whilst on the treadmill.Also Hurt by Johnny Cash.
S_J_P
I find that pendulum and linkin park are quite good to listen to whilst on the treadmill.Also Hurt by Johnny Cash.

Hurt? Is that really... any good for treadmilling? :s-smilie: I'd have never have thought it would be...
That's so funny - on my current running playlist I have Hurt by Johnny Cash - it's kind of appropriate when the lactic acid starts properly kicking in! :biggrin:

Other than that I listen to mainly rock/indie stuff. I used to prefer really upbeat stuff, but now I even quite like slower stuff. Good lyrics too.
Reply 17
S_J_P

Linkin park's OK but seeing that they spend half of their songs screaming like maniacs, I'd rather go with dance music :dontknow:
any music that has sex appeal eg Promiscious by Nelly Furtado, SexyBack by Jt, to be sexy is the reason im in there!
Reply 19
romeosbitch
any music that has sex appeal eg Promiscious by Nelly Furtado, SexyBack by Jt, to be sexy is the reason im in there!

:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest