The Student Room Group
Everything is normally included
Reply 2
Halls of residence generally are all inclusive bill wise :smile: Private usually isn't.
uni halls normally everything comes in the fee you pay
the time in halls where you can sit in your room with your heating full on, get too hot so open the window and leave the heating on, cos well your not paying for the amount used :p:

private it doesn't
Reply 4
Does private accomodation include the nominated residences that the university has links/contracts with such as signpost and unite?
Reply 5
It depends, from uni to uni, precisely what is or isn't included, but as a general rule the utility bills (heating, lighting, water, hot water) tend to be included in the cost of halls (though some places will, for example, charge extra for excessive use). In the specific example of Exeter (since I'm guessing that's where you're talking about from your location and the third-party accommodation providers you've mentioned) these bills are included in the charge for the nominated residences you're talking about; internet's extra, though.
Reply 6
Persipan
It depends, from uni to uni, precisely what is or isn't included, but as a general rule the utility bills (heating, lighting, water, hot water) tend to be included in the cost of halls (though some places will, for example, charge extra for excessive use). In the specific example of Exeter (since I'm guessing that's where you're talking about from your location and the third-party accommodation providers you've mentioned) these bills are included in the charge for the nominated residences you're talking about; internet's extra, though.

I appreciate the response - thanks for clearing that up for me. And yeah I know that accomodation will differ from uni to uni with regards to bills and such - for example, internet usage is included in the Point Exe accomodation at Exeter.
Reply 7
jakeuk1
I appreciate the response - thanks for clearing that up for me. And yeah I know that accomodation will differ from uni to uni with regards to bills and such - for example, internet usage is included in the Point Exe accomodation at Exeter.

It is, though I think there's an option to pay extra and upgrade to a faster service... I'm sure if you end up living there they'll give you all the details.

Latest