The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

SophieSomething
I'm going to join the Knit Soc lol. (Not even kidding - I'm a yarn junkie lol) so I bloody well hope they have a hoodir hehe

I think I may have to join that one as well! I'm currently knitting my friend a leaving present cause she's off to Oxford :biggrin:
But yeah I'm definately get some form of hoody. My sister got about 3 from hers and then a graduation one that had all of teh names of the people on her course on it :biggrin:
University of York
York
Kris_McGee
I believe it's a massive oversight on our parts that nobody has asked this.

So will YOU be getting a York Hoodie?

Definately :smile:
Reply 42
Yes. :h:
Reply 43
Laus
Yes. :h:

Cute kitten!
Reply 44
Jacqueline xo
I think I may have to join that one as well! I'm currently knitting my friend a leaving present cause she's off to Oxford :biggrin:
But yeah I'm definitely get some form of hoody. My sister got about 3 from hers and then a graduation one that had all of teh names of the people on her course on it :biggrin:

Haha do it. We can sit on the bridge in the dark knitting and scowling at passers by.

Echem.
God no. Had enough of that living in Durham where the people wearing them seemed to be the self important ********* desperate to distinguish themselves as students.
Reply 46
SophieSomething
I'm going to join the Knit Soc lol. (Not even kidding - I'm a yarn junkie lol) so I bloody well hope they have a hoodir hehe

Is there really a knit soc? It's not on the list so I'm guessing it's not ratified? Still, might have to join to get my fix. Knitting socks is as bad as heroin or so they say.
Reply 47
archly
Is there really a knit soc? It's not on the list so I'm guessing it's not ratified? Still, might have to join to get my fix. Knitting socks is as bad as heroin or so they say.

Haha. It was on the list last week! It's disappeared now. Maybe whoever was running it has graduated now? Meh - Let's start one up again if it's finished. Only the cool kids knit.
Reply 48
SophieSomething
Haha. It was on the list last week! It's disappeared now. Maybe whoever was running it has graduated now? Meh - Let's start one up again if it's finished. Only the cool kids knit.

Maybe they have. Societies do need 3 student signatories to get ratified according to the yusu website so maybe some or all of them left and so the society ceased to be official? Who knows. But, yeah, every university surely needs a knitting society otherwise we knitters would have to go around asking everyone wearing delicious knitwear whether they knitted it themselves.

Latest

Trending

Trending