The Student Room Group
gee, i hope it doesn't mean it's that difficult:eek3:
Try Calculus of variations for dummies.
honestly now, do YOU even know what calculus of variations is?
Reply 5
Simplicity
Try Calculus of variations for dummies.

Dont know if that exists but Calculus for dummies is very good and would recommend it to anyone :biggrin:
ShortRef
Dont know if that exists but Calculus for dummies is very good and would recommend it to anyone :biggrin:

Algebra 2 for dummies. If I ever become a abstract algebraist, it would have been because of that book.

Well, they have Quantum Mechanics for dummies so I thought they might have calculus of variations for dummies.

P.S. I don't like calculus books as its normally just stupid examples or calculations or just standard techniques. Only, uni books on calculus that use Riemann sum and other techniques really get at what calculus is, also books on analysis.

OP type in calculus of variation to google book section and look at the previews.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&q=calculus%20of%20variations&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wp
Reply 7
Simplicity
Algebra 2 for dummies. If I ever become a abstract algebraist, it would have been because of that book.

Well, they have Quantum Mechanics for dummies so I thought they might have calculus of variations for dummies.

P.S. I don't like calculus books as its normally just stupid examples or calculations or just standard techniques. Only, uni books on calculus that use Riemann sum and other techniques really get at what calculus is, also books on analysis.

OP type in calculus of variation to google book section and look at the previews.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&q=calculus%20of%20variations&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wp

Have you ever read calculus for dummies? Algebra 2 was a terrible book in comparason. And the author did use a riemann sum on the equation x^2 + 1 to work out the integral. Goes a bit into infinite series too.

anyway thanks for help as I'm having difficulty with the subject...:frown:

Latest