The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Listening to Frou Frou sometimes works, if any of you have heard of them.
Reply 21
Onearmedbandit
Yeah that's a good one. I find piano music & chamber music especially helpful.

Got any good pieces to recommend?

I'm also looking at getting a couple of jazz albums but don't know where too start :confused:
I'm listening to rock/punk music such as Three Days Grace, Default, Blink 182, Evanescence, ...
Reply 23
~*littlestar*~
I'm listening to rock/punk music such as Three Days Grace, Default, Blink 182, Evanescence, ...

So pop then.
Jump
So pop then.

tahts what i thought - blink 182 i regard as pop punk though.
Reply 25
Other - whatever comes up on my ipod shuffle.
Reply 26
Lots of hip hop, e.g. Jurassic 5, De la soul etc...
Reply 27
Mostly Enya and Beethoven, Bach, Mozart.
Mogwai,Led Zep,Portishead,Archive,Massive Attack,Amplifier,Tool...pretty much everything although these bands are the ones i listen to most frequently.
Reply 29
I dont :eek: I cant - I need absolute silence.
Reply 30
None, i watch tv instead :biggrin:
I get easily distracted, but if I do, it's some kind of "rock", or subgenre of rock.
Reply 32
i listen to my faveourite bands, linkin park, breaking benjamin etc. i know its not relaxing but it helps. i just keep the volume down.
I 've had Chopin's Nocturnes, Djangology by Django Reinhardt, Hail to the Thief by Radiohead, and Bitches Brew by Miles on a constant loop for a few weeks. I can't listen to anything that's heavy when I'm revising, it just puts me off. I'll go completely metal during the holidays \m/ :smile: .

Michael
I get easily distracted by music....

...but total silence feels lonely...

...so I listen to the soothing *humming* sound of the PC while revising...

...strange aren't I? :biggrin:
Reply 35
i listen to emo when revising
Reply 36
I particularly enjoy Pink Floyd's "Dark side of the Moon" when revise my latin set trxt (Aeneid II), for some reason I feel it goes together. Other than that I listen any rock when doing past papers, and when revising from notes/revision books I don't listen to music.
Reply 37
i can't concentrate with music on, but i take a 5 min break every hour to dance like there's no tomorrow. Recent favorites for this purpose have been:
Queen: Don't Stop Me Now, The Show Must Go On, We Are the Champions;
Bonnie Tyler: Holding Out for a Hero;
Chaka Khan: I'm Every Woman;
Salt n Pepper: Push It;
Irene Cara: What a Feeling (Flashdance);
Kosheen: Slip n Slide (Suicide);
Survivor: Eye of the Tiger;
Fatboyslim: Slash Dot Dash
I have a carefully selected playlist of 'revision music'

Spoiler

I listen to ambient stuff that really has no purpose but gets me into the required trance mood for boring revision.

Latest

Trending

Trending