The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

sexysax
So is Rachmaniov's 2nd piano concerto- pure class! I also love his Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini!

That is one great piece of music. :biggrin: I can't say I'm a particular fan of Paganini's Caprices either :eek:

Michael
Reply 81
interesting how no one gets 'cussed' for listening to classics in here :cool: Wish there were more peopel like you in my school

love all you classical musicians :smile:
Reply 82
Phil23
interesting how no one gets 'cussed' for listening to classics in here :cool: Wish there were more peopel like you in my school

love all you classical musicians :smile:

People get cussed for listening to classical music at your school? Savage

Do they beat their chests and sniff each others asses as well?

hehe
Reply 83
I'm a tad obsessed with musicals so I've usually got one of those cds on in the background.
Reply 84
Wheres the rock and pop on ur list??? I think its best to listen to songs you know the words too like robbie williams the only problem is u start singin 2 it
Reply 85
80s stuff - usually very energetic so stops me from getting bored and tired
I like listening to relaxing film soundtracks...only the ones with the actual film score itself on however I can't be doing with having those songs with lyrics playing whilst I revise. Sometimes I listen to elbow or coldplay too...
sparklyteacosie
I like listening to relaxing film soundtracks...only the ones with the actual film score itself on however I can't be doing with having those songs with lyrics playing whilst I revise. Sometimes I listen to elbow or coldplay too...

The music from Captain Corelli's Mandolin is nice for that :smile:
Reply 88
Gwen Stefani or any other of my CDs realy. Its usaly pop but I like eminem as well.
Reply 89
I Think Chopin is bloody amazing. I mean i usually listen to Reggae,/ hip hop/ rock but none of them compare to some of his music. For those of you who like piano music try this site:

http://www.pianosociety.com/index.php?id=6
Pigmy Goat
Wheres the rock and pop on ur list??? I think its best to listen to songs you know the words too like robbie williams the only problem is u start singin 2 it

Singing = bad, when you're trying to revise, in my opinion anyway. It just distracts you and makes it more difficult to get something into your head.

Michael
Reply 91
i find i cant listen 2 hip-hop while revsing 'cause i always get distracted by the verse's etc, so i try.....rock/indie stuff, mozart, and easy listening (james blunt, damien rice etc)
Reply 92
Mozart, Beethoven, ACDC, Rainbow, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd. It's all good. Although, without music is actually better, but more boring.
the song 'Work' by Jimmy Eat World is single-handedly getting me through studying for finals...it's one of those songs I can listen to over and over without going mad.:smile:

I never used to be a huge fan of theirs but I think I might go see them in concert with Green Day in september now.
I love Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Elgar... it goes on forever!

The middle movement of Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata is sooo unbelievably wonderful. Chopin is my favourite just now, but that will probably change soon, I love the Nocturnes especially opus 27 number 2 in d flat major and the Préludes. I've been hooked on the Enigma Variations by Elgar ever since I played them in an orchestra last year. Mendelssohn's songs without words are quite nice, especially the first one.

My piano teacher has said that Bach is like the old testiment, Beethoven - the new testiment, and Chopin - Revelations. I see what he's getting at.
Reply 95
I've been listening to Nimrod from the Enigma VAriations....i love it!
sexysax
I've been listening to Nimrod from the Enigma VAriations....i love it!

By Elgar? It's a bit morbid, is it not? :confused:

Good for a funeral but I certainly couldn't listen to it during revision. Still, each to his own I suppose...

Michael
Reply 97
I like music like that!
Reply 98
ive been listening to oasis and damien rice
athlete, greenday,rooster :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending