The Student Room Group
Reply 1
well a hazard can be burglary aids and other conflicts
so you want human hazards rather than physical (earthquakes volcanos etc)
Reply 2
nutty_naz
can someone help me on this question:

the cause of a hazardous event is determined more by levels of economic development than physical processes. discuss with reference to a range of hazards and locations

well u could comment on how MEDC countries experience less hazardous events which affect the population due to excellent risk assessment, monitoring and predicion techniques than LEDC's as the MEDC's have the capital to invest into projects such as those.

if u want hazard case studies, look in the "Edexcel A synoptic- Hazards Case studies" thread that i made :top:
Reply 3
what does da question actually mean? im confused. and sam yeh thnx..i looked at ur case studies..looked very helpful!
Reply 4
basically how MEDC's and LEDC's deal with hazards and how MEDC's deal with them more effectively.
Reply 5
You can totally disagree with the statement and say that the cause is by physical processes but the impact of the event is made worse if it occurs in an LEDC compared to MEDC. Theres loads to talk abt this, its an open question where you can describe the causes of a few hazards with examples. You could hoever support it a little by talking abt shanty towns in LEDC's encouraging landslides which can be synoptic as well when you talk abt human geo and why there are shanty towns.
Reply 6
oh right, thanks sooo much for ur help, the only thing im guna dread bout my exam is not understanding the quiestion..thats what puts me dwn..cos i know eevrything else like case studies etc!
Reply 7
ur all a *
nutty_naz
can someone help me on this question:

the cause of a hazardous event is determined more by levels of economic development than physical processes. discuss with reference to a range of hazards and locations

what hazards are we talking here? if that was my question id say volcano/earthquake. I shall answer anyway.

If youre in an MEDC you get more advanced buildings with counterweights on to prevent them falling down, like in san francisco ( i think) . MEDCs have established disaster plans and the like too.

i would like to point out that the question is very badly phrased too :smile: goddamn question writers
Sam_B
well u could comment on how MEDC countries experience less hazardous events which affect the population due to excellent risk assessment, monitoring and predicion techniques than LEDC's as the MEDC's have the capital to invest into projects such as those.

if u want hazard case studies, look in the "Edexcel A synoptic- Hazards Case studies" thread that i made :top:

BOOOOO HISSSSS EdExcel grr :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending