Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

D&D Theology's "Ask A Muslim" Thread MK II

Announcements Posted on
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    You're doing exactly what Nirav think the lecturer is doing - using personal reason to speak about matters of fiqh.

You are not qualified to give a verdict either on the validty of these references, nor on their role in matters of fiqh. This is a matter for people who have spent years studying, not for random kids on the net.
    Im not using personal reason. Validity? they are all classed as sahih by your scholars, and they are all referenced on the al-islam website, and their role in matters of fiqh are well known. So your excuse of lack of qualification is gone, because it is your sources and your scholars who say that apostasy is punishable by death.
    Having said that, I know that there are vastly different opinions in Shiism, so you have a get out clause.

For a Shia perspective:

http://www.al-islam.org/short/apostasy/6.htm#_ftn11

Furthermore, the orthodox opinion of Islam is this:
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14231/apostasy
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    Im not using personal reason. Validity? they are all classed as sahih by your scholars, and they are all referenced on the al-islam website, and their role in matters of fiqh are well known. So your excuse of lack of qualification is gone, because it is your sources and your scholars who say that apostasy is punishable by death.
    Having said that, I know that there are vastly different opinions in Shiism, so you have a get out clause.

For a Shia perspective:

http://www.al-islam.org/short/apostasy/6.htm#_ftn11

Furthermore, the orthodox opinion of Islam is this:
    http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14231/apostasy

This isn't a mere "get out clause", it's the heart of the reason why different mujtahids can come out with different edicts. I've already read that book, and the author presents one view point, it's not shared by all scholars. For example, there are many narrations which state that the apostate should be given a chance to repent, which stands in contrast to the ones you quotes that says no repentence is to be accepted.

And I've already told you, what Kulayni classes as Sahih, is neither necessarily accepted as Sahih by other mujtahideen, nor does it determine the role of tha hadith in fiqh.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyScotland)
    Will muslims stop their hateful protests against my nation?
    protests against who????
    Your nation!!:eek: :confused:
    I personally, not only respect scotland, but i love it.:rolleyes:
    Dude, We can't hate you at all.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnappleseed)
    If you mean By Allah, then it should be Walla. Not Wallahee as you spelt it.
    Oh my bad!!
    Thanks so much indeed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Son of Adam)
    Oh my bad!!
    Thanks so much indeed.
    May Allah's Peace and Blessing be upon you. Also, if you do want to continue it, I believe it should be Wallaho...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]
    (Original post by _ChaRisMa_)
    [/B]
    Doing that you are essentially re-inventing the wheel and ignoring the fact that the madhhabs go through a process of refining and re-evaluation by the scholars
    Brother you have to realize that we don't have infallible Imam's. I'll give you an example of the Shafici Madhab (predominantly follow it). If you touch a women even by accident or with no intention then your WUDU is broken, and he uses various evidence to support that, whereas the other 3Madhabs disagreed with it. Now you can't be in WUDU and OUT-OF WUDU at the same time, if we look at the evidence they all present, the case for the other 3 is much and much stronger, but does that mean that Shafici is wrong? no, but there is much stronger evidence for the positions of the other Imams. The problem is that when going to Hajj its absolutely impossible to avoid contact, imagine the sort of ques we would be having at the Wudu areas in Masjid Haram?

During the time of Sh Abdul Wahab there was 4different prayers occurring in Masjid Haram, The Shafici's, Hanafi's, Maliki's, Hanbali's all prayed separately, each had there separate adhan callers until it was abolished since it was an innovation. If we all follow a particular Madhab without looking at the evidence that's being presented by the others regarding the same issues that could well be stronger, then that amounts to blind following. The Great Scholars that preceded did just that, they took that which had the strongest and clearest evidence and not just blindly subscribe to a Madhab. When one Imam passed away, the students of that Imam studied under another. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH INVENTING A NEW WHEEL AS YOU SAY, BECAUSE NOTHING NEW IS BEING BROUGHT FORTH.

The Hadith of Prophet when he commanded his companions that were going for Jihad to pray ASR at the captured place. They Embarked and then a dispute occurred because it was ASR time and they haven't reached the place, the companions split, some prayed ASR at its appointed time, others said they would listen to the words of the Prophet and they would pray asr at the captured place. When they informed the Prophet regarding this, he told them they were both right. Because the latter took the literal meaning, while as the others understood it differently and thought that the Prophet meant "Hurry up" so you could pray asr there (which is the correct understanding) but it doesn't necessarily make the other incorrect. There is the same issues with the minour differences in figh between the Madhabs, there is no need to ascribe to a particular one, even-tough if one did, there is nothing wrong with it. Please explain to me how you regard this as inventing a new wheel, I dunno if your aware that many not so well known Scholars (in comparison with the 4 Imams) had Madhabs that eventually died out, whom used the same processes.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Charisma, I don't want to talk about this here. I have so many close friends that are Salafi and they have informed me of much more than what you were saying, but I have made my indepedentent research and decisions on that matter.

You saying this, don't you think the Shafi'i scholars already took into consideration all what you have been saying? By going through different madhhabs and saying one is stronger than the other when you are not a mujtahid filmadhhab yourself is improper since you are not basing this on a methodology but rather rationale that you are against. As I said earlier, one opinion is strong according to one methodology in a madhhab, whilst the other opinion is considered stornger according to another methodology in another madhhab, and both methodologies are correct. To then look at both opinions without a methodology yourself and say one is stronger than the other it doesn't seem proper to me.

The stuff you mentioned I'm pretty sure have their own rulings. If scholars apply things so strictly and blindly we won't be even going to Hajj Anyway this is just my quick comment, I'm not arguing Fiqh here.

Anyway, I don't want to argue this issue over here. I'm sure you are concerned that I am not following the correct way, and I appreciate that brother. Read the discussion between me and Abu Umar about this issue. I don't believe this is the place for this argument so I don't want to carry this any further.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ABR~)
    These people are, naturally, the non-religious. Having said that, there is nothing wrong with what he said. And I'm not a Salafi myself.
    Salafiyah is a methodology not a group. Although you do find some functioning as a group like the Madhkali movement that is rampant in Western countries who adopt that name. They have all the hallmark functions that groups have, they public-ally slandering those that they disagree with, and are very harsh towards Muslims. But that's not Salafiyah. Iman Malik and others were part of the first 3 generations (salafu saalih) the prophets in numerous narration said were the best of generations. Shafici studied under Imam Malik. Salafiyah, Ahlu Sunnah, Ahlu Hadith are all synonymous terms! Salaf (methodology of the pious predecessors) is used to distinguish oneself clearly from the Suufis and other deviants that also claim to be from Ahlu Sunnah. Don't base you judgment on the divisive Madhkhalis.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]
    (Original post by ~ABR~)
    I have so many close friends that are Salafi and they have informed me of much more than what you were saying, but I have made my indepedentent research and decisions on that matter.
    With all Due respect ABR, because I do like your post as your very astute and effective in your delivery, but this post of yours clearly summed up that your lacking greatly in this department. The fact that you made up your mind due to what some friends told you attest to this. Your basing your judgment on the Madkhali's that claim Salafiyah that are rampant in the west. These guys are just a group. You don't really know that talking like this your actually disassociating yourself from companions and those generations that succeeded them, including the Madhabs which your championing for.

Anyway, I don't want to argue this issue over here. I'm sure you are concerned that I am not following the correct way, and I appreciate that brother. Read the discussion between me and Abu Umar about this issue. I don't believe this is the place for this argument so I don't want to carry this any further.
    This "following correct way" is a sickness of the Madhkalis. I don't belief your following an incorrect way; this is not a discussion regarding the correct or incorrect way, I am trying to get across to you that Salafiyah is not a group, but a methodology of the pious predecessors which includes some of the Imans and other great scholars, which the Prophet in numerous Authentic hadith said were the best generations (directly learned under the Prophet & companions). I am trying to clear up the misconceptions that your having, which many other people do about Salafiyah due to Madhakhlis that claim Salafiyah but are not.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Salaf (methodology of the pious predecessors) is used to distinguish oneself clearly from the Suufis and other deviants that also claim to be from Ahlu Sunnah. Don't base you judgment on the divisive Madhkhalis.
    Not all Suufis are deviants. Only modern day degenerate sufis that have deviated from the pure form of tasawwuf and zuhd for purification of the heart that was based on Qur'an and Hadith, and had nothing to do with this dancing nonsense and innovations in this deen.

I have no idea who the madkhalis are, and I'm sure my Salafi friends and the AlMaghrib and Alkauthar courses I attended to learn from Sh. Waleed Basyouni, Sh. Yasir Qadhi and Sh. Tawfeeq Chaudhury are not madkhali.

You are basing your judgments on one extreme (e.g. some Berelwis who perform grave worship) and ignore the balanced form of traditional Islam, such as that practiced by Deobandis and in South Africa, and bash all sufis and traditionalists and put all of them under the category of deviant. This is the trademark of division in this Ummah.

Edit: Charisma I don't want to argue any further. I'm not 100% made up my mind, but I feel it is much safer to be following a madhhab at this point, and I understand their could be mujtahids filmadhhab (including Ibn Al-Jawzy who was a mujtahid in the Hanbali madhhab but he got clamped down and imprisoned, despite his status in the Hanbali madhhab, for his criticism of anthropomorphic Aqeedah). In due course of learning if I find it makes more sense to become Salafi I will do that.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Refrain from following groups and sects or associating yourselves to them. Just follow the Sunnah of the Prophet (May Allah's Peace and Blessing be upon him)
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    People who create sects and sub-divisions within Islam are the ones who will go to hell right? I remember a passage from the hadith where prophet Muhammad (pbuh) says that 72 sects will go to hell and 1 will go to heaven. That 1 are Muslims who don't associate themselves with any sect but rather just "Muslims" without any subterm added to it . Is that correct?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Z_Ahmed)
    People who create sects and sub-divisions within Islam are the ones who will go to hell right? I remember a passage from the hadith where prophet Muhammad (pbuh) says that 72 sects will go to hell and 1 will go to heaven. That 1 are Muslims who don't associate themselves with any sect but rather just "Muslims" without any subterm added to it . Is that correct?
    Yes. But Allah knows.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

This "following correct way" is a sickness of the Madhkalis. I don't belief your following an incorrect way; this is not a discussion regarding the correct or incorrect way, I am trying to get across to you that Salafiyah is not a group, but a methodology of the pious predecessors which includes some of the Imans and other great scholars, which the Prophet in numerous Authentic hadith said were the best generations (directly learned under the Prophet & companions). I am trying to clear up the misconceptions that your having, which many other people do about Salafiyah due to Madhakhlis that claim Salafiyah but are not.
    OK Jazak Allahu Khairan for informing me, you seem to be extrapolating too much from what I am saying, just as I have extrapolated that you were bashing all sufis and traditionalists (and I might be wrong).

I learned from Sh. Waleed Basyouni and Sh. Yasir Qadhi. Are they madkhali?
    • 10 followers

(Original post by tazarooni89)
    As I said, I don't think the prohibition of alcohol is to do with morality, but rather, to do with benefit.
    I have been thinking about various arguments you have put forward in the past few months in D&D and have a question: Why does Islam prohibit the killing of innocent people?
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kolya)
    I have been thinking about various arguments you have put forward in the past few months in D&D and have a question: Why does Islam prohibit the killing of innocent people?
    Life is sacred, and a trust from God. Nobody has the right to something, for no reason, which does not belong to them.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ABR~)
    OK Jazak Allahu Khairan for informing me, you seem to be extrapolating too much from what I am saying, just as I have extrapolated that you were bashing all sufis and traditionalists (and I might be wrong).

I learned from Sh. Waleed Basyouni and Sh. Yasir Qadhi. Are they madkhali?
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Sheikh Yasir Qadhi has some good and some bad in him.

Waleed Basyouni is an absolute disgrace, having read discussions about him on the Islamic awakening forum, and read transcripts of his lectures, I have no respect for him whatsoever and would not take anything from him.

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...ists%94-28988/

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...exposed-15379/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu Umar)
    Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Sheikh Yasir Qadhi has some good and some bad in him.

Waleed Basyouni is an absolute disgrace, having read discussions about him on the Islamic awakening forum, and read transcripts of his lectures, I have no respect for him whatsoever and would not take anything from him.

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...ists%94-28988/

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...exposed-15379/
    I am quite disappointed in you.

The forums you posted are disgusting.

You cannot accuse a Sheikh of nifaq.

The fact that they are accusing this sheikh of nifaq makes me angry at you actually that you even accept what they are saying.

Frankly, we have no room in Islam for those who accuse our shyookh who have concern for this Ummah of nifaq.

Shyookh are not error free. They can make a slight mistake that does not AT ALL indicate they are doing it in purpose and for political agendas. To ignore ALL that this sheikh is saying and pin point the few things here and there to criticize is only indicative of a disease in the heart of these people.

Please do not show me such disgusting forums again.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ABR~)
    I am quite disappointed in you.

The forums you posted are disgusting.

You cannot accuse a Sheikh of nifaq.

The fact that they are accusing this sheikh of nifaq makes me angry at you actually that you even accept what they are saying.

Frankly, we have no room in Islam for those who accuse our shyookh who have concern for this Ummah of nifaq.

Shyookh are not error free. They can make a slight mistake that does not AT ALL indicate they are doing it in purpose and for political agendas. To ignore ALL that this sheikh is saying and pin point the few things here and there to criticize is only indicative of a disease in the heart of these people.

Please do not show me such disgusting forums again.

Brother, like you said eariler, you can see the bad and leave it, so why not ignore the heated replies of people there? What do you assume that I am accepting? I never accused anybody of nifaq, nor did I agree with all of their statements.

However, to ignore a person who is parared as a great teacher of young muslims in the USA who slandered the mujahideen and called them losers, and many other unsavoury statements.

Before blasting me, in the same way that some brothers on that forum blasted Waleed Basyouni, why not take the time to listen to his lectures, read the transcripts and then listen to people's opinions?

And do not accuse me of pinpointing a small error, because that is certainly not what I have done. Lectures such as 'Reclaiming Islam from the Jihadists,' shows his mindset from the outset. And if you chose to read what he has said, you would see the glaring errors and bad statements that he has made.

Wassalamualaykum.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is plastic surgery looked down upon? what about dying your hair temporarily?
Updated: April 15, 2010
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.