The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The_Lonely_Goatherd
I think it's natural to worry the longer times goes by, so I wouldn't worry about it, OP.

If it makes you feel any better: my understanding is that in Sri Lanka, it takes months to get your A Level results and then months between that and going to uni. So the wait is much much longer in other parts of the world :yes:

Yeah but it's also a LOT faster in some places. I got my results 8 hours after my last exam :eek: (Switzerland btw)
Reply 21
greenleys
Great in theory - but no loans or grants if you study outside the UK

Maybe so - I don't know much about EU financial support. But I do know that many students aren't even entitled to a grant or the full loan over here so the difference becomes minimal for them. I just think schools should provide more information for students, there are a lot of fantastic English-teaching universities in Europe = more spaces for students over here.
im experiencing the same thing... i very much dislike this time of year. Im not watching the news; im not going onto the guardians nor the Times website. It makes me feel like another statistic
Reply 23
greenleys
Great in theory - but no loans or grants if you study outside the UK

Loads of people don't get loans or grants anyway though, in fact I would guess the majority.
Reply 24
Treben
Loads of people don't get loans or grants anyway though, in fact I would guess the majority.

From the people I know, although some get financial help from parents etc, all have at least a loan even if they're not poor enough for a grant. Maybe you have richer friends!
Agree'd
JCM89
They pay peanuts for exam paper marking. If they upped the pay they'd get more people willing to do it and the whole process could be completed so much quicker.

They should let us mark our own papers on the day. That way exam boards don't have to spend a penny on markers and we all pass.

Win-win situation.
kate_shoes
I know, it'd be such a nicer experience if you could choose your uni with your grades in hand.

This is partially why I am so glad I did a National Diploma, I already pretty much knew my grades when I applied.

Also, no exams! :p:
K the Failure
They should let us mark our own papers on the day. That way exam boards don't have to spend a penny on markers and we all pass.

Win-win situation.

this is true.
Reply 29
greenleys
From the people I know, although some get financial help from parents etc, all have at least a loan even if they're not poor enough for a grant. Maybe you have richer friends!

Oh wait I made a serious error reading this lol, yes everyone I know gets a loan, but I don't think the majority get grants, my fault. Oops!

Although the grant system is good it doesn't work out that well, even if your parents are "well off" my by the government's standards they might not be in a position to offer you much financial assistance.

I need to get a job.

Latest