The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
if anyone else has views on getting braces at 18 and what people will think of you at uni...then please i would love to read them
WEll I have braces and I am 18, looks like they are going to be on fr a long time, I only got them sometimes in the last 2years and have had all sorts of different braces, twin blcok jaw correctors, teeth plate things, headgear etc. It sounds horrendous but you get used to it all really quickly. It's not a wlak in the park but it isn't that bad at all.
Anyway as for going to uni, I am going next year and the thought of it casuing problems never crossed my mind, im sure there will be laods of other people tere wearing them, because I know loads of people my age now with them. Even with braces I find I am confident enoguh to smile where as before I would try hide my wonky teeth all the time. As far as I can remmber I havn't had above one negative comment on wearing braces, and that was from a really ignorant person who didn't like me anyway. I can't imagine people at uni being childish enough to tease people over braces at all :smile:
Reply 102
marisad_uk
WEll I have braces and I am 18, looks like they are going to be on fr a long time, I only got them sometimes in the last 2years and have had all sorts of different braces, twin blcok jaw correctors, teeth plate things, headgear etc. It sounds horrendous but you get used to it all really quickly. It's not a wlak in the park but it isn't that bad at all.
Anyway as for going to uni, I am going next year and the thought of it casuing problems never crossed my mind, im sure there will be laods of other people tere wearing them, because I know loads of people my age now with them. Even with braces I find I am confident enoguh to smile where as before I would try hide my wonky teeth all the time. As far as I can remmber I havn't had above one negative comment on wearing braces, and that was from a really ignorant person who didn't like me anyway. I can't imagine people at uni being childish enough to tease people over braces at all :smile:

thanks.....is there anyone who doesnt think this?
Reply 103
Are ther alternatives to braces (sorry not read all the posts....)
Reply 104
What are the costs involved is my question? I've just left 6th form but am going on to further education.

Latest

Trending

Trending