Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Disney theme costume ideas?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to a disney themed fancy dress party in a few weeks but I really can't think of what to go as. I don't want to go as something predictable or something really girly like a princess..more unusual things would amuse me, any ideas?
    (Something like i was thinking of Mrs Potato Head from toy story but the outfits are like £50)

Also a link to a costume or ideas on how to make them would greatly be appreciated
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Go as Wall-E?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Or Eve seeing how you're a girl if you can get them costumes?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jessy from Toy Story? Mrs Potatoe head? Marie? Jasmine?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy :))
    Or Eve seeing how you're a girl if you can get them costumes?
    I had to look up who Eve was and love the idea aha. I'll look into a costume because tbh i'd prefer to just buy one than make

Hardest thing is finding costumes for adults and not children
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mufasa? :getmecoat:

Pocahontas, Jasmine, Esmerelda, little mermaid ( :erm: )

I'll post some more in a bit but Jessy from Toy story seems like a good idea
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    :eek: You can buy potato head costumes? I want one!! Lmao.

Lets see... An aristocat? Dumbo? 101 Dalmations? Thumper from bambi? Pocahontis? Tinkerbell? The little mermaid (wear a tail and everything!)?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go as a Dalmatian.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...oat-willie.jpg

Wear a plain black top with sleeves, white shorts, black tights, white shoes & paint your face white maybe with a black nose. Make the hat and ears. Oh and black gloves.

Never seen it done before but it's original
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_x)
    I had to look up who Eve was and love the idea aha. I'll look into a costume because tbh i'd prefer to just buy one than make

Hardest thing is finding costumes for adults and not children
    I had a quick look and couldn't find any Although I only clicked on 2 links so :p:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

This has to be one of the coolest costumes I've ever seen! And its home made...! :eek3:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    This has to be one of the coolest costumes I've ever seen! And its home made...!
    lol that is pretty awsome. i quite like this one

you could go as that mouse in the rescuers? is that disney? or a centuar from fantasia. just look around OP
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plushymcmuffin)
    Steamboat Willy Mickey Mouse?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...oat-willie.jpg

Wear a plain black top with sleeves, white shorts, black tights, white shoes & paint your face white maybe with a black nose. Make the hat and ears. Oh and black gloves.

Never seen it done before but it's original
    That actually is really original, good idea

I've found some ears/bow/tail for a dalmatian I just need some kind of spotty top to go with it which i'm in the process of looking for.
    I do like the Jessy idea too but I think that might be quite common...having said that i bet a dalmatian is too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    taking inspiration from the dalmation idea above, i think cruella deville would be a good idea. it could be cheap if you already have a dark or red dress (anything bold, smartish really). wear heals, have dark makeup, get red lips and red nails (or do them black with white dots) (or see if anyone you know has those longer gloves) see if you could find a spotted scarf then buy the wig!
    oh and use an eyepencil to extend your eyebrows in a little so they look like they go down scorning - as easy way to make yourself look angry!

http://www.fancydressfast.com/cruell...ck-p-1221.html : one place, they're probably cheaper elsewhere.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    -Ariel
    -Jasmine
    -Belle
    -Maid Marian
    -Snow White
    _evil step mother
    -anatstacia
    -driesela
    -fairy godmother
    -minnie mouse
    -Pocahontas
    -Wendy
    -Lady
    -Alice
    -queen of hearts
    -aurora (sleep beauty)
    -the three good fairies
    -daisy duck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_characters

and yes cruella is a good idea and it's probably easier to carry out too
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_x)
    That actually is really original, good idea
    I've found some ears/bow/tail for a dalmatian I just need some kind of spotty top to go with it which i'm in the process of looking for
    my sister did this for a fancy dress party once, she just bought a plain white tshirt and drew spots on it using a sharpie. it worked really well and it only cost her about £3 (£2 top from primark, £1 for the sharpie)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tinkerbelle is quite easy to make a costume for
    My friend went as tinkerbelle one year and wore a green leotard kind of thing and then a tutu and then used accessories to make it more Disney! It looked really good and was cheap

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2009
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.