The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Hey, I'm in same boat. I applied for a joint honours with English, but I don't want to do the other bit, i just want to go straight English. Can I change when I get there; it's in the same dept after all. They want AAB for English if i get AAA will that put me in a good position?!

Steve

What course are you looking to change from and to which programme Jnm?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Just mention it at registration. If it is within the same department and you haven't missed any vital courses (for changing course in subsequent years) its very simple and should get done straight away. I changed my course at the start of the second year and all i had to do was fill out a form and get it signed by my tutor.
Reply 3
I have applied to study business studies and my offer is Abb, but i want to change to international business and finance with economics which is also Abb i think. Anyone know anything about this course?
jnm008
I have applied to study business studies and my offer is Abb, but i want to change to international business and finance with economics which is also Abb i think. Anyone know anything about this course?

Yea, i've applied for the same course (first choice) and they're asking for ABB! There's only about 47 places on the course, which a fraction of them are for oversees students. I want to do just business or business economics now and not this course, so i am pretty much in the same boat!
Reply 5
miss innoncence are you in the internation business course?
jnm008
miss innoncence are you in the internation business course?

Yes this is what i've applied for, and is my first choice
Reply 7
just email them
i sent an email to the head of department or something and i changed the course from social policy to sociology
however, the condition remained same
MissInnocence
Yea, i've applied for the same course (first choice) and they're asking for ABB! There's only about 47 places on the course, which a fraction of them are for oversees students. I want to do just business or business economics now and not this course, so i am pretty much in the same boat!

However this course was still available in Extra. I originally had a offer for this course along with Economics and Finance, but ended up rejecting IBFE and choosing E+F (as insurance), but IF i go to Manc may change back to this course.

But after ringing them they changed my course from Economics and Finance (ABB) to Economics and Development (BBB) so now i have an insurance (Notts first choice), and that was done within 24 hrs...so just contact them.

Latest

Trending

Trending