The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
I think it all is unless you specify it on your form.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
ponpon14
I think it all is unless you specify it on your form.

Oh, good! I know that other unis have single sex accommodation unless you specify otherwise...:P.
Reply 3
You get to choose on your accommodation application form :smile:. As far as I'm aware, in each block of flats there tends to be a floor of boys, a floor of girls, and a mixed gender floor. This might not be the case in all colleges, though.
There definitely IS mixed gender accommodation available, though, I can tell you that for certain cos I stayed with a mixture this year :biggrin:.
Reply 4
Yeahh, you get mixed unless you specify otherwise, though sometimes you may still get same sex. The flat below mine was all boys & my friend was in an all boys flat
As said, you are given the option on your accommodation form although there is still a chance you will get single sex if you pick mixed.

Last year, I noticed two girls only floors in on of the blocks [with rooms for 13 girls in all] and one all boys floor [with rooms for 10 boys] whilst the rest in the Furness standard circle seemed to be mixed. :smile:
Never noticed this before, all the flats i've ever been in have been mixed but in all different proportions, my mate lives in a flat with 7 girls.
Reply 7
I'm worried I won't get mixed now, as I'm doing Physics, and planning on joining the powerlifting and rowing clubs, I can't think where else I'd meet girls short of going up and talking to randomers xD
j09
I'm worried I won't get mixed now, as I'm doing Physics, and planning on joining the powerlifting and rowing clubs, I can't think where else I'd meet girls short of going up and talking to randomers xD

Some of the girls on the rowing club are fit. Not too sure about the powerlifting but i wouldn't hedge my bets. It will be mixed more than likely and won't be much of a problem with who you live with as you make friends more outside of your accommodation with people from socs and courses.
j09

I could be wrong here, but I don't think that the powerlifting society is currently in existence, because a good friend of mine was planning to try to resurrect it next year... but I'm told (by the same guy) that there is a really good group that support each other with it anyway.
Teao the Cat
I could be wrong here, but I don't think that the powerlifting society is currently in existence, because a good friend of mine was planning to try to resurrect it next year... but I'm told (by the same guy) that there is a really good group that support each other with it anyway.

Do we like to pump iron Teao?
Semi-pro-evo
Do we like to pump iron Teao?

Nope, but as I said, I do have a friend who does!!!
Teao the Cat
Nope, but as I said, I do have a friend who does!!!

I think you're lying and your a 17stone body builder with a fetish for cats. Swear i've seen you in the gym.
Semi-pro-evo
I think you're lying and your a 17stone body builder with a fetish for cats. Swear i've seen you in the gym.

Yup, you caught me! :p:
Reply 14
j09

there are plenty of girls in the rowing teams...

But with physics and rowing you are not going to have much time for anything else anyway..

Latest

Trending

Trending