The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I have a friend exactly like this, we used to be pretty close but now :rolleyes:

I havent really been able to talk to her in ages, because she's always talking about her boyfriend, and her boyfriend is my ex-boyfriend.
He's an absolute dick and all our friends hate him, with good reason. He treats her like crap but she still worships the ground he walks on and tells us all about it all the time.

We haven't seen her since school ended, cause she's always with him too...
It might not mean they think you are going to jump on them although some girls seem up themselves. They might just see you like they see their girl friends which is why you hear about him.They probably go on and on about him to their female friends too.

It does mean they aren't interested though ,if she was you'd find her boyfriend would magically never enter the conversation. 'Boyfriend? what boyfriend?' Girls who use their boyfriend to make a bloke jealous hopefully stopped doing it in seniors.
Reply 62
Haha. An old friend of mine would refer to her boyfriend as 'my boyfriend', which is all fine and dandy. But she would never say his name to me, just 'my boyfriend'. Me and her boyfriend were best friends.. It just made me laugh.
Reply 63
thats who we are
if you have one then show him off
ZOMG MY FOYBRIEND, MY FOYBRIEND!!!!....

When this happens I fixate on stuff I'm really into, like the latest strategy game / racing game release or go on an on about what how much Yen I made early in the morning trading after some shock move and OMG I can't believe the Kampo is playing devious with the dollar-yen again OMG I should have seen it, where did I place my stop-loss, how come the charts didn' match, thought it'd reached support, OMG OMG.

pretty sure the girl doesn't know what I'm going on about which I find funny.

squish.
km31
I have a friend exactly like this, we used to be pretty close but now :rolleyes:

I havent really been able to talk to her in ages, because she's always talking about her boyfriend, and her boyfriend is my ex-boyfriend.
He's an absolute dick and all our friends hate him, with good reason. He treats her like crap but she still worships the ground he walks on and tells us all about it all the time.

We haven't seen her since school ended, cause she's always with him too...

Sad thing is she'll probably come crying to you when she breaks up with him and after the next few months she'll be going on about another man and you'll have the same problems.
Reply 66
just_tha_bboy
Sad thing is she'll probably come crying to you when she breaks up with him and after the next few months she'll be going on about another man and you'll have the same problems.

Yeah, well not to me since we don't talk anymore
And she has broken up with him like three times already, swears she wont go back to him..and then does
It's just so annoying!
For this very reason, I don't like to mention mine lol.
It might just be the word boyfriend I don't like.

its only if they ask, 'oh whos so & so' that i'll say.
Reply 68
It can be annoying, part of me says give them a break, they're happy in their relationship and I should be supportive of that, but unfortunately the other part of me says "DEMON! AWAY WITH THEE!"
Reply 69
Every second sentence is about boyfriend. I meet her so she can tell me about her boyfriend. I phone her to talk about her boyfriend. I feel like Im friends with her boyfriend.
Reply 70
i dont think they r bragging/trying to hurt anyone. its just they r so proud of their bf, that its the only thing they talk about, its called love.
Reply 71
Yeah. My (imaginary) girlfriend hates this. :p:

This gag has probably been done somewhere in the last four pages but i couldn't be bothered checking.
Reply 72
Yes it is extremely annoying, but what I find worse is when a friend insists on telling you everything that is wrong with her relationship, what an insensitive idiot her boyfriend is blah blah blah. You talk it over for ages and she finally comes to a resolution that she is going to finish it and you think great, she's finally decided. Next time you see her everything is wonderful between them again and it's like your conversation never even happened. This is repeated every week.
Its a girl thing, I don't know any lads who constantly bang on about their girlfriends. Most girls don't do it because they have some social awareness that if they are doing it around other girls who are single, that its rubbing in their face that they are single and it will annoy them, but for some girls its a low level form of bragging.

The best bit about these types of girls is that they are often in relationships where their wonderful boyfriend is not half as obsessed with them, as they are with him, and eventually their wonderful boyfriend will become a selfish pig who they have to complain about to all and sundry when they split up.

It must make feminists boil with rage, some girls don't appear to have lives of their own, they value themselves through their boyfriend and his achievements, which is wrong. There's a girl on my facebook friends whos every status relates to "is looking fwd 2 seein her sexy man 2nite xx " (shes gone from my news feed now!)

It gets on my nerves but I think girls like this annoy other girls more than they annoy guys.
MagicNMedicine
Its a girl thing, I don't know any lads who constantly bang on about their girlfriends. Most girls don't do it because they have some social awareness that if they are doing it around other girls who are single, that its rubbing in their face that they are single and it will annoy them, but for some girls its a low level form of bragging.

The best bit about these types of girls is that they are often in relationships where their wonderful boyfriend is not half as obsessed with them, as they are with him, and eventually their wonderful boyfriend will become a selfish pig who they have to complain about to all and sundry when they split up.

It must make feminists boil with rage, some girls don't appear to have lives of their own, they value themselves through their boyfriend and his achievements, which is wrong. There's a girl on my facebook friends whos every status relates to "is looking fwd 2 seein her sexy man 2nite xx " (shes gone from my news feed now!)

It gets on my nerves but I think girls like this annoy other girls more than they annoy guys.

Im with you on this one. one of my friends doesn't seem to understand she has friends, she spends all her spare time with her boyfriend, and when one of my friends broke up with hers, and she was really distraught, we all organised a night out for her..and the girl in question, said she couldn't go as she wanted to spend the night with her boyfriend as he was 'going away for the weekend and will miss him' wtf...needless to say we smiled politely and have ignored her since.

They're always the girls who are the bunny boilers, don't seem to understand their boyfriend has a life outside them, or that maybe he has other important things to do, and plan their wedding from week one together lol absoloute crackpot women!
I know a guy like this, except its not his girlfriend, its just whatever girl he's chasing after that particular week and will lose interest in after about a day. Seriously, we can be having a regular conversation about something completely different and he'll bring it up. It's not like it's even a deflection tactic, he knows I would never make a move :dry:

I think its usually just a sign that ALL they do is spend time with their bfs, therefore he is ALL they have to talk about :yep: or that they're trying to get you to back off, but probably more likely the former.
just_tha_bboy
Is it me or do girls who go on about their boyfriends all the time annoy me? Like we could be talking about anything like e.g. the best takeaway in the town centre and then she just magically turns the whole convo into a "my boyfriend does this...and that...."

That's just girls i have known for only 3 months as friends. It's like some girls don't have their own life they just have a boyfriend :rolleyes:

Well they are just infactuated, I don't think they even realise they always mention their bf.
I used to do it all the time, when I first started dating my bf, but now my friends are the ones that always mention him :p:
doing it once or twice is alright

but when they do it all the time it does get annoying ://
Reply 78
it's because they dont have a personality and life of their own. just go and talk to more interesting people.
Reply 79
I've sort of lost 2 best friends because of this. Bad times :rolleyes:

The first just doesn't talk to anyone unless it's about her boyfriend. She doesn't even talk to her family now, she's moved in with his family and has like no personality anymore. She even said she thinks of her friends as being dead, and that without him nothing is even worth talking about.

The second was like this, and she met him through living in the same flat at uni. For months he was all she spoke about, and they arranged to live with eachother this year at uni. Now they've recently broke up... that's going to be an awkward living arrangement :\ as awful as it sounds, I might get my friend back though :]

Latest

Trending

Trending