The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

because I find it impossible to push backward.
Reply 61
shorty.loves.angels
Well that's surely a good thing.

I've had a fair few different casual jobs since GCSE's now and I'm sure they just rduce my mental capacity.

It doesn't help that I get bored really easily though. I'm trying to learn all the individual prices of everything in the bar where I work just so I can do the sums in my head to keep me awake!

We should get job's at Mcdonald's. Suppoesdly the best form of entertainment I heard from a friend, was putting cheese slices in the deep fryer, for some reason.

And if you don't memorise the menu, you'r fired :eek3: :eek3:
tropical-twist3
Ryan Shawcross

aha you inspire me too babycakes!! YOU ARE THE GIRL I BEEN STALKING ME WHOLE LIFE :biggrin:

life inspires to push in front cos its like a latvian fashion show a bit

oh wait life aint anything like latvian fashion show :confused:
What inspires me to push forward?
Mostly the fact that if I don't, I'll just be "stuck".
What's the point in just waiting for stuff to happen, living a dull existence and not going out and getting anything?
I get really depressed when I do that, I need to be doing something/ striving towards something or I'll go insane.
Life seems pretty pointless if the only purpose is to just 'exist'.
There are also many examples of people who've done amazing things with their lives and are always in the back of my mind, making me realise that so much is possible.
I want to make something of myself and make life better than it has been so far.
Also, let's be honest - if all else fails, we haven't got anything better to do than push forward really. When I've lost all motivation that's what it comes down to. :p:
Reply 64
"At the end of the day, it's me versus the other guys. That's what keeps me going"- Lance Armstrong
Nothing.

Although if I had to pick something I might say my dad.
Reply 66
Money, greatness and the fear of failure.
Reply 67
I want to be put in a postion of power so i can lead a crusade to legalise marijuana :yep:
Hope!
Seeing some of the people who sit around all day doing nothing with their lives (unfortunately including some members of my family) drives me to build a solid basis for myself career-wise, so that I don't end up like them. This means hard work in the library and meaningful work experience.

The desire to reach that point in my life when I'm content with everything that's going on (career, relationships). If and when that happens, I think it'll be the best feeling in the world.
Reply 70
Responsibility for my family, the dream of mine
Rosie0914
Working in WHSmiths at the weekend with a 26 year old woman who has been in the same Saturday job since she was 16. And the desire for something more than that.

This.

WHSmiths is a laaaaame job if you're over 21.
Mastermind`
Hey don't talk about TSRians like that!! :eek3:

:rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending