Reply 4
Cloning isn't a good idea in this case.
Reply 6
PJ991

I'd rock it

Glue it to your upper body.
Reply 8
johnbarkwith
I am looking to buy a new watch and was wondering what the most popular models were with bankers and traders in the city...

haha you are such a loser!!!!!!
Just get whichever watch takes your fancy for God's sake, what does it matter if every other ****** in your place of work has one? This isn't primary school
You've got to be joking.
Reply 11
come on guys, this is a serious thread.. with grad hiring at its current levels im willing to try anything, including flashing the old yachtmaster at a VP during networking events...
most just purchase a portable midget who if prompted will inform you of the exact time and massage your earlobes.
Reply 13
johnbarkwith
come on guys, this is a serious thread.. with grad hiring at its current levels im willing to try anything, including flashing the old yachtmaster at a VP during networking events...

You turn up flashing a yachtmaster and calling him VP and he will call you a **** and send you on your way..
Reply 14
johnbarkwith
I am looking to buy a new watch and was wondering what the most popular models were with bankers and traders in the city...

As unlikely as it is the major investment banks are looking to herald in a new era of post-wideboy graduates. Unless you want a job on the floor yelling phrases then leave the yachtmaster at home and adopt a refreshingly 'different' look.

A subtle yet elegant fitted Paul Smith suit
Crisp herringbone white shirt single cuff, classic collar (try Pink or Charles Tyrwhitt)
A conservative, formal striped tie
A pair of standard-gloss black brogues or oxfords (if you can afford it Berluti or better still John Lobb)

Smythson billfold wallet optional

If you still want a watch please ditch the 'lex and get yourself a Patek Philippe or Breitling Navitimer. You may be able to salvage some kind of respect from your prospective employer if you keep that 24k hunk firmly up your sleeve..
Reply 15
trust me, VP would be all over the yachtmaster...
Reply 16
I was thinking maybe keeping it understated and going for a Raymond Weil..
Reply 17
johnbarkwith
trust me, VP would be all over the yachtmaster...

No please, trust me. My brother has been at Goldman Sachs for the last 5 years now.
Reply 18
johnbarkwith
I was thinking maybe keeping it understated and going for a Raymond Weil..

If you think a Raymond Weil is keeping it understated then I'd love to know your idea of ostentation.
I couldn't decide whether post number 1 or post number 2 is more funnier

Latest