The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1
Never mind N64's I'll have my SNES with me this year! We are few but far between :P
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
fg08
Hey guys,
I guess this looks like a rather stupid question, but areyou still playing Nintendo 64 games in the UK and of course especially in St Andrews. I think its so much fun to play old games like Mario Kart, especially after a night out :biggrin:

Funny you made this thread actually, most of the guys on our floor who brought a TV with them had Xbox 360's (Including myself) which we got bored of. So one of the guys brought up an N64 and it provided hours of entertainment. Goldeneye was such an underrated classic. Oh and NOTHING beats drunken mario kart.
TheNorth
Funny you made this thread actually, most of the guys on our floor who brought a TV with them had Xbox 360's (Including myself) which we got bored of. So one of the guys brought up an N64 and it provided hours of entertainment. Goldeneye was such an underrated classic. Oh and NOTHING beats drunken mario kart.

Goldeneye was never underrated, it was always recognised as utterly brilliant (and rightly so). Planescape: Torment, on the other hand...
Mario Kart + Goldeneye are the best party games still.
Reply 5
I've got my xbox chipped so its a snes, a gameboy advance and a nintendo 64 combined :smile:.

Have to leave it at home though for my little brother to destroy seeing as i'm not lugging my tv for uni.

I absolutely love MarioKart on the Wii although playing rainbow road makes me cry myself to sleep.
Reply 6
Mario Kart is unbelievable fun when your drunken and I hope to meet a lot of you guys up in St Andrews to play it :biggrin:
Reply 7
Don't forget Perfect Dark!

I used to love the fly by wire rockets in that game!
Reply 8
fg08
Mario Kart is unbelievable fun when your drunken and I hope to meet a lot of you guys up in St Andrews to play it :biggrin:

Sounds like a plan for a party :P
I'm up for some gaming sessions with people, especially old school!

If I bring a console it'll be a 360 though.
Reply 10
Yeah looks like N64 is still alive :smile:
I do love the N64. Sadly I don't have one.
Reply 12
God I remember 'games day' at primary school (did you guys have this genius day too? You basically brought in games and for the whole day we did nothing but play games!), people brought in N64s and we played Goldeneye constantly, to this day I still rate it as one of my favourite games of all time. I've only ever had a PS2 up until a couple of weeks ago when I bought an xbox360 (which then broke within 6 days, so had to be sent back and exchanged) so I'll be bringing that. Talking of 'favourite games of all time' do any of you guys know of Monkey Island?! Old school LucasArts point and click game for PC but it has been remade and is now on Xbox arcade! Its a really loving restoration of it and its basically exactly the same as the old one...get it! It is absolute genius, although my 8 year old self found it a bit difficult back when, but it still has its old magic!