The Student Room Group

male:female ratio of computer science students?

o.O
Reply 1
Yeap, unfortunately.
Reply 2
90:10 is good...
Reply 3
One of my girl friends always reminds me that the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
Reply 4
In my a level computing class of about 13 students we had 5 girls so not bad odds.
There are 5 girls in my year doing compsci, out of about 90 people.
1:0
cowsgoquack
1:0

I look worryingly like a stalker here but I just caught you using mathematics in your everyday life.
Reply 8
D3M!
In my a level computing class of about 13 students we had 5 girls so not bad odds.
In my A-level computing class, 1 in 3 were girls, though there were only 3 people :p:
Reply 9
9:1 is the ratio I've seen splashed about most unis.

As an (unlikely) potential CompSci student, this worries me as I tend to get along better with girls (and I tend to find them more sexually attractive :biggrin:)
Reply 10
omicronlyrae
There are 5 girls in my year doing compsci, out of about 90 people.

I think my year is the same.

Roughly 90 - 100 people and round about 4 or five girls I think
Mr M
I look worryingly like a stalker here but I just caught you using mathematics in your everyday life.

internet doesn't count soz.
In my computing class at college we had about 4 girls in a group of 50ish. So around the 10:1 mark. In my uni class we had 8 girls out of 90 of us. The girls were either reeeally strange or complete airheads. I hated it :frown: I like boys better :biggrin:
Reply 13
There are around 20 girls in my year of 113. However, there is only one English girl, the rest are all either South-east-asian or oriental or Eastern European, which is typical of Imperial tbh.
Reply 14
the male:female ratio doesn't really mean anything it's the universities male:female ratio you should look at
Out of my 4th year class: 36 guys, 4 girls
My first year class was 9:1 but in my 4th year class there was 4:1, in my experience, girls who do it are either useless or really good.
Reply 17
In the UK as a whole, 13% of 16,000 Comp Sci students are women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending