The Student Room Group
Reply 1
hey woody you mite remember me from the UKCAT forum.......i just checked the website for what they say and it looks like you need the AAB but to be honest if you get A's in you A-levels im sure they're likely to look past it but to make sure id just give their admissions office a call...........if worst comes to worst you can try and re-take one of those sciences next year...if u can? hope this helps
Reply 2
i wouldn't risk it. you're better off using the option for somewhere you know you stand a good chance
Reply 3
My-My-My
i wouldn't risk it. you're better off using the option for somewhere you know you stand a good chance

hey sorry this is off topic...but how did you manage to get into birmingham with 5A*s?!?!?!
I think if you are getting decent As in sciences you need at A Level they might overlook missing out by one grade at GCSE. My personal experience with uni applications taught me that your GCSEs matter less than some people think. Cardiff is somewhere you do want to go to apply and give it your best shot!
Hey Woody not trying to be negative here but i read somewhere that med schools "screen" the application to check all entry requirements are met and any that don't are simply chucked.
They probably do this since so many of the applicants will meet the requirements. Good luck with your application :smile:

EDIT: what other universities you looking at Woody? I have pretty weak GCSE's so i will be having to pick my options really carefully.
Reply 6
thegreatest
hey sorry this is off topic...but how did you manage to get into birmingham with 5A*s?!?!?!

long story. PM me if you want to know more - i don't want to discuss it in a public forum:rolleyes:
Reply 7
crazy_smurf
Hey Woody not trying to be negative here but i read somewhere that med schools "screen" the application to check all entry requirements are met and any that don't are simply chucked.
They probably do this since so many of the applicants will meet the requirements. Good luck with your application :smile:

EDIT: what other universities you looking at Woody? I have pretty weak GCSE's so i will be having to pick my options really carefully.

Thanks, I was worried about that. Yeah I'm looking at Aberdeen, Southampton and I was looking Bristol but apparently they secretly care about GCSEs. But I would really like to know the unis that don't place such an emphasis on it. I think Keele is one of those. Thanks for the responses.

For the record I got: 2A*s, 5As, 6Bs and 1C
Woody.
Thanks, I was worried about that. Yeah I'm looking at Aberdeen, Southampton and I was looking Bristol but apparently they secretly care about GCSEs. But I would really like to know the unis that don't place such an emphasis on it. I think Keele is one of those. Thanks for the responses.

I got exactly the same GCSE's as you *virtual high 5*. :p: my C was in german lol

I wouldn't touch bristol with a bargepole; at the moment im looking at St Georges, UCL, Newcastle, Leicester, Keele.

I read that st georges guarantee an interview if you meet all their entry requirements and so do UCl do if you get 5,5,9 in the bmat. soooo scared of getting 4 rejection w/o interview.:eek3:
Woody.

No, you drop at the GCSE point hurdle.

3pts an A*, 2pts an A and 1pt a B. Top 9 GCSEs gota total 21-22 points.

Don't apply there.
Reply 10
crazy_smurf
I got exactly the same GCSE's as you *virtual high 5*. :p: my C was in german lol

I wouldn't touch bristol with a bargepole; at the moment im looking at St Georges, UCL, Newcastle, Leicester, Keele.

I read that st georges guarantee an interview if you meet all their entry requirements and so do UCl do if you get 5,5,9 in the bmat. soooo scared of getting 4 rejection w/o interview.:eek3:

Cool, I'll check those out. My C was in tech even though I did it a year early (which I assume means you're meant to be good at it, and none of the people put forward got above a B). Keele definitely doesn't seem to mind too much about GCSEs I'm just not sure about the course, I'll check it out. I would love to know any others if you know of any.

RollerBall
No, you drop at the GCSE point hurdle.

3pts an A*, 2pts an A and 1pt a B. Top 9 GCSEs gota total 21-22 points.

Don't apply there.

Cheers man, got any ideas where I should apply? Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending