The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
MeanMachine
the link isnt working for me

Yes but my "War and Peace" FAQ is working and it include the UCAS Adjustment examples:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=827966
Reply 21
Hi Minerva, I already know I've exceeded my conditions as I got my results a month ago... I want to register for adjustment just because there is a uni that I still really want to give another shot, and I know it sounds silly but my firm really won't be affected if I register will it? I know UCAS have said I can hold on to my firm in adjustment a million times but I really don't want to lose my place or accommodation!

And I'm sorry to everybody who hasn't met their offer - all is not lost! Just take some deep breaths and wait until you get your results.
Reply 22
Dijobla
Hi Minerva, I already know I've exceeded my conditions as I got my results a month ago... I want to register for adjustment just because there is a uni that I still really want to give another shot, and I know it sounds silly but my firm really won't be affected if I register will it? I know UCAS have said I can hold on to my firm in adjustment a million times but I really don't want to lose my place or accommodation!

And I'm sorry to everybody who hasn't met their offer - all is not lost! Just take some deep breaths and wait until you get your results.
The whole point of the Adjustment process is that you can look around while hanging on to your Firm. If you don't take up an Adjustment place, nothing changes.
Is it giving everybody this option, regardless of whether or not they have exceeded their offer? Thanks.
Even if it is, unless you've exceeded your grades, you won't be able to use it.
Yes - everyone gets the option to register for adjustment.

If you register and then apply elsewhere the place you apply to is responsible for checking that you've exceeded your firm offer grades.

(ie it's the most ridiculous system ever)
Reply 26
Wait til you get your results to find out.
Reply 27
Minerva
The whole point of the Adjustment process is that you can look around while hanging on to your Firm. If you don't take up an Adjustment place, nothing changes.

Thanks i just needed reassurance, i was getting paranoid that my firm would reject me and call me a traitor. Thanks, lol.
I doubt I'm going to bother registering, but are the courses in Adjustment just going to be the same ones as in Clearing?
Grape190190
I doubt I'm going to bother registering, but are the courses in Adjustment just going to be the same ones as in Clearing?

Not necessarily - there aren't any central vacancy listings like with clearing - the information is all on individual websites or found out by phoning up.

A lot of the snobbier depts/unis will refuse to enter clearing but might be willing to take adjustment students (but they'd also be willing to consider clearing applicants with good grades too - they just don't want to advertise it :rolleyes: )
Reply 30
Hello,

So I'm into uni... When I get my grades if they are better then I want to apply to a better university as the one I applied to is because of some long winded thing.

Thanks.
PQ
Not necessarily - there aren't any central vacancy listings like with clearing - the information is all on individual websites or found out by phoning up.

A lot of the snobbier depts/unis will refuse to enter clearing but might be willing to take adjustment students (but they'd also be willing to consider clearing applicants with good grades too - they just don't want to advertise it :rolleyes: )

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I think Adjustment has got to be contributing to the lack of Clearing places the media keep going on about. Meh. I really doubt I'm going to find anything I like more than my beautiful Warwick course. :biggrin:
Minerva

Sorry that this is O/T, but you were my PS-helper! And I got into my first choice! So thank you! Again! Exclamation!
Reply 33
site
Hello,

So I'm into uni... When I get my grades if they are better then I want to apply to a better university as the one I applied to is because of some long winded thing.

Thanks.

Sorry, what exactly is your question?:confused:
site
Hello,

Thanks.

If your grades exceed your offer then you can apply through Adjustment without losing your firm...
Reply 35
Grape190190
Sorry that this is O/T, but you were my PS-helper! And I got into my first choice! So thank you! Again! Exclamation!
Excellent - well done!
Reply 36
Oh okay. Thanks. Sorry, the language must've been confusing because I'm so tired. Track is slow, what is happening?
Reply 37
lol. that's because EVERYONE'S on track!
Reply 38
It doesn't let me login, or it logs me out. : |
Reply 39
If there is the option to register for adjustment at the bottom of your choices page, does this mean you must have exceeded your results, or does it let you register without knowing whether you have exceeded your results or not?

Latest

Trending

Trending